VIP622 Timer Problem With The Walking Dead

REB

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
May 22, 2004
Iowa
I am having a problem setting a timer for TWD. I set a timer for new episodes for the new season starting this Sunday. I save it and it shows up in the scheduled recordings.

Later, after turning the receiver on again, I check the scheduled recordings and it is gone. It still is listed in the timers section but has disappeared from the scheduled recordings. I have never had a problem like this and was wondering if anyone else has had this problem?

Could the TWD marathon possibly have anything to do with this? Thanks

I just checked mine thru dish anywhere and my newly set timer for the new season has dissapeared. I just set it a half hour ago. I will assume that the Marathon.is causing a conflict. I have a Hopper.

A Tribune glitch/omission for the time being. Will correct.

I set up the timer on my HWS last night and everything looked fine. Tonight I was looking at my recording schedule and next Sunday's new episode isn't listed. The timer is still there, and the re-runs that they're running through the week show up with an "x" on them, but come Sunday, neither the new episode nor the old episodes have any timer indicator on them whatsoever. Maybe there's some limit on the number of events for a single timer, but if there is I've never run into it before because I don't watch any of the MTV trash that repeats episodes dozens of times each week.

There is a limit of 576 TOTAL events. With the marathon and other shows that have multiple airings the number of events gets eaten up. It happened with Breaking Bad as well and my Hopper caught up and recorded fine.

Check it on Friday or Saturday and adjust if you need to.

There is also a limit per timer of around 50 events. As old events roll off new ones will roll in, which is why you don't see the event scheduled for Sunday yet. To verify, open up your timers list, open up the TWD timer and you'll see a number of events listed at around 50. Since there are more than 50 events being aired during the week, that is why you don't see the Sunday listing yet, but it will show up in a few days.