VIP622 Turning on and off no picture

Momjaxrn104

Original poster
Dec 18, 2008
CT
We upgraded our DVR to the vip622 because we wanted the HD. We got it installed about a week ago. It was working find. Yesterday I had the TV on all day. Turned it on about 6am and then around 230pm all of a sudden the screen went black. I could not get it to turn back on. It sounded like a fan was running. Left it alone for a bit and then around 7 we turned it back on and it was fine. I got up this morning and the fan was running again and the machine was turning it self on and off again. I cant get a picture up on the TV. I got it to reset once where I got the satellite receiver search but after that it went to black screen again. The techs cant come out until tomorrow afternoon. But I am losing my mind with nothing to watch, esp being home with 2 children. Then only thing we did was on sunday we mounted our TV on the wall and placed it on a shelf.

Anyone have any suggestions??

It's time to replace it. I have gone through 8 of these things in 18 months 3 with this same problem. Tthey are truly a POS! I have been a Dish customer for 10 years and the POS 622 (that's what I call it) is the second worset receiver I have had. (number one is the JVC digital tape receiver).
M

We upgraded our DVR to the vip622 because we wanted the HD. We got it installed about a week ago. It was working find. Yesterday I had the TV on all day. Turned it on about 6am and then around 230pm all of a sudden the screen went black. I could not get it to turn back on. It sounded like a fan was running. Left it alone for a bit and then around 7 we turned it back on and it was fine. I got up this morning and the fan was running again and the machine was turning it self on and off again. I cant get a picture up on the TV. I got it to reset once where I got the satellite receiver search but after that it went to black screen again. The techs cant come out until tomorrow afternoon. But I am losing my mind with nothing to watch, esp being home with 2 children. Then only thing we did was on sunday we mounted our TV on the wall and placed it on a shelf.

Anyone have any suggestions??

Is the 622 in any kind of cabinet? These things need ample air circulation or they will overheat & reboot...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts