Vip622 upgrade installation question

briani

SatelliteGuys Pro
Apr 5, 2004
Lake Havasu City, AZ
This is most likely a dumb question, but I currently have two Vip211's and I'm considering the $199.00 upgrade to the Vip622 for my main room and I'm wondering if I will need dish to run a second satellite run from the dish or if there is a splitter that will work to accomodate the two-tuner inputs? Thanks

bhelms

Retired & lovin' it!
Lifetime Supporter
Feb 26, 2006
Central PA
That depends completely on what equipment you have installed now. If both of your receivers are fed from a DPP (Dish Pro Plus) Twin LNB on your dish, or from a DPP44 switch (would only be installed if you had more than 2 receivers or needed 4 orbital slots), then a single sat. feed to the 622's location will work for both tuners via the separator that will come with the 622. If you are receiving the sat. signals via DP (Dish Pro) equipment, like a DP34 switch then a second line would need to be run to the 622 or else the DP equipment would need to be replaced with DPP equivalents. Note - the "separator" is not really a splitter.

briani

SatelliteGuys Pro
Apr 5, 2004
Lake Havasu City, AZ
bhelms said:
That depends completely on what equipment you have installed now. If both of your receivers are fed from a DPP (Dish Pro Plus) Twin LNB on your dish, or from a DPP44 switch (would only be installed if you had more than 2 receivers or needed 4 orbital slots), then a single sat. feed to the 622's location will work for both tuners via the separator that will come with the 622. If you are receiving the sat. signals via DP (Dish Pro) equipment, like a DP34 switch then a second line would need to be run to the 622 or else the DP equipment would need to be replaced with DPP equivalents. Note - the "separator" is not really a splitter.

Well, I'm not 100% sure what my equipment is, but I have a Dish1000 with a DP- Plus LNB. It was installed less then two months ago. If I understand your explanation then it sounds like the "Seperator" would work with my set-up?

Jared Twomey

Supporting Founder
Supporting Founder
Mar 7, 2005
Tacoma, WA
briani said:
Well, I'm not 100% sure what my equipment is, but I have a Dish1000 with a DP- Plus LNB. It was installed less then two months ago. If I understand your explanation then it sounds like the "Seperator" would work with my set-up?

yes

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts