This is a mobile optimized page that loads fast, if you want to load the real page, click this text.

VIP622 using HDMI and Slingbox Pro HD Questions

Chris10

Original poster
Oct 6, 2008
Hi

I have been reading that the new Slingbox Pro has problems when connected to a sat receiver that is connected to a TV or AV receiver via HDMI. From what I have read it looks like to get best quality I will have to remove the HDMI from the 622 to the AV receiver and replace it with component cables - seems like a step back in time a bit.

Has anyone installed one of these with a Dish receiver that is connected to either a TV or AV receiver using HDMI ? I believe the component out on the 622 are active but the probelm seems to stem from HDCP on the HDMI. Would it also mean I can't have any HDMI on any device that is connected to the AV receiver or TV?

I am looking to get the new Slingbox but want to avoid spending that $250 if it isn't going to work

Thanks all, I appreciate any input you have

Chris10

Not sure if the "pro" is the same thing or not, but I've been told that sling will not work w/ the 622. That's what I have & was interested in sling, but asked here first. It does work w/ the 722k's.

The Slingbox Pro HD is a standalone Slingbox not at all like the Sling Adapter. It will work just fine on a 622, but not if the HDMI/HDCP is screwed up.