VIP622 using HDMI and Slingbox Pro HD Questions

Chris10

Original poster
Oct 6, 2008
Hi

I have been reading that the new Slingbox Pro has problems when connected to a sat receiver that is connected to a TV or AV receiver via HDMI. From what I have read it looks like to get best quality I will have to remove the HDMI from the 622 to the AV receiver and replace it with component cables - seems like a step back in time a bit.

Has anyone installed one of these with a Dish receiver that is connected to either a TV or AV receiver using HDMI ? I believe the component out on the 622 are active but the probelm seems to stem from HDCP on the HDMI. Would it also mean I can't have any HDMI on any device that is connected to the AV receiver or TV?

I am looking to get the new Slingbox but want to avoid spending that $250 if it isn't going to work

Thanks all, I appreciate any input you have

Chris10

Not sure if the "pro" is the same thing or not, but I've been told that sling will not work w/ the 622. That's what I have & was interested in sling, but asked here first. It does work w/ the 722k's.

The Slingbox Pro HD is a standalone Slingbox not at all like the Sling Adapter. It will work just fine on a 622, but not if the HDMI/HDCP is screwed up.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts