ViP622 w/backfeeding and Component connections to 3 HDTV's

Allin4greeN

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Dec 13, 2005
Lancaster County
My parents are upgrading their 942 to a ViP622 and I'm trying to help them plan for it to feed up to three HDTV's, two of which they plan on adding over the next year.

Their current 942 set-up includes one HDTV via HDMI (TV1) and two analog TV's via backfeeding (TV2). They have a D500 and D300 w/DPP Twin LNB's looking at 110, 119 and 61.5 sats.

I've attached a rough diagram of what I'm cooking up but, #1 I don't know if this is even possible and #2 if it is, I'm not sure about the best way to run Component connections to HDTV2/HDTV3...?

The runs to HDTV2 and HDTV3 would be no more than 30'-40' each, so I was thinking maybe:

A) 622 TV1 Component out-->wall plate Component connectors-->F Type connectors-->RG6 (30'-40' run)-->F Type connectors-->Component wall plate-->Component in (HDTV2/HDTV3)

or

B) 622 TV1 Component out-->Component Splitter/AMP-->two 30'-40' Component runs-->Component in (HDTV2/HDTV3)

If one or both of these options is possible with the 622, backfeeding via TV2 would remain a part of the set-up.

Any comments and suggestions regarding this or other options and costs/PQ would be much appreciated!

Attachments

• 622_Wiring_Schematic.doc
    37 KB · Views: 204
Last edited:
I just wired my dad's new house this past summer and planned for this. I have setup a and b together. There are 5 runs of rg6 for component video and left and right audio plus 3 runs of cat 6 data cable and 4 additional runs of rg6 for sat feeds and antenna and rf distibution in every room. They terminate in wallplates with f connectors to rca female connectors. The main feeds all go to a media closet with channel master distribution panels and data distribution panels. His 622 just arrived three days ago. The hdmi is running the main 70 inch display in the living room and the component video and left and right audio plug into the wall plate and go to the closet where there is a component video amp. From there the signal is fed to the 42inch in the master bdrm and the 60inch in the game rm. There are also two feeds wired but not in use. The two sdtvs left are fed from the rf out of tuner 2. So far it works great, just need to get some extra uhf remotes.

osu1991 said:
I just wired my dad's new house this past summer and planned for this. I have setup a and b together. There are 5 runs of rg6 for component video and left and right audio plus 3 runs of cat 6 data cable and 4 additional runs of rg6 for sat feeds and antenna and rf distibution in every room. They terminate in wallplates with f connectors to rca female connectors. The main feeds all go to a media closet with channel master distribution panels and data distribution panels. His 622 just arrived three days ago. The hdmi is running the main 70 inch display in the living room and the component video and left and right audio plug into the wall plate and go to the closet where there is a component video amp. From there the signal is fed to the 42inch in the master bdrm and the 60inch in the game rm. There are also two feeds wired but not in use. The two sdtvs left are fed from the rf out of tuner 2. So far it works great, just need to get some extra uhf remotes.
Thanks osu, :bow I'm glad to hear that this works!

It's unlikely that my parents would make use of any features over Ethernet, so I'll probably leave Cat5e/Cat6 runs for data distribution out of the mix.

I'm curious about the Channel Master distribution panel and Component video amp that you used in your dad's set-up... especially the model(s)/#'s and where you picked them up? Also, did you need to amp the audio?

I'll be adding to existing wiring in a circa 1960's ranch style home... some runs are RG6 but, I haven't looked closely at that tangle of wires so I may end up with all new runs :eek:

Thanks again for the feedback!

I get a lot of stuff from Parts Express. I can't find the exact model I used but it is almost identical to the av400comp component video distrubution amp listed. part number 180-008. All the wiring and panels are run into and mounted in an Open House wiring enclosure. I used the H236A enclosure with Open House H270 wire spacers in the enclosures. I used gold rca female to f female connectors part number 091-1200 in the wall plates.

osu1991 said:
Did you retro fit this setup or was the home under constuction and you did a prewire?

If a retro fit was done it would cost a fortune to get that done professionally....

New Construction, about 5000 feet of coax, data cable and speaker wire. We can send just about any signal we want from any source to any room in the house and patios. Unless it is family I only do new construction and usually run a lot of extra cable to be safe. It is cheaper to do it in the beginning than coming back later when somebody decides they want to add something. In addition to the all the wall runs there are six runs from a box I mounted in the eaves for satellite and 3 runs to an outer wall for cable if ever needed. I also reinforced the area where the dishes were going with extra 2x12's before everything was sheathed and covered.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)