VIP722 -510 transition to Hopper, Joey-Wally

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

mduplissey

Original poster
Apr 18, 2018
texas
I have had a VIP722 for years in my house and a 510 receiver in my barn/mancave that also doubles as my RV receiver. A tree (50 ft oak) has grown to the point that the top is interfering with my reception of the western arc. It's time to move to a eastern arc dish (to get HD locals). This will involve planting a new pole in the ground. I'm thinking this might also be the time to switch to a Hopper and a Wally. I need the Wally because my barn/mancave is 150 ft behind my house and has it's own dish is also my RV receiver. I would also want to have the dvr option on the Wally. What would this entail cost wise etc. I only feed 1 extra tv with the 722 so I guess we would need 1 Joey as well.

Upfront costs will depend on credit and other factors...if you want to make the Wally a DVR, then you'll pay a one-time $40 activation fee.

Monthly costs should be $15 DVR service, $7 for Joey, $7 for Wally.

You might get discounted fees with a new 2-year agreement, like $10 DVR and $5 Joey for 24 months. Not sure if the Wally would be discounted too.

Reactions: JSheridan
The 510 will not work on EA.

I thought they obsoleted 510's when they went to 8PSK on WA, surprised it still works.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)