VIP722 -510 transition to Hopper, Joey-Wally

mduplissey

Original poster
Apr 18, 2018
texas
I have had a VIP722 for years in my house and a 510 receiver in my barn/mancave that also doubles as my RV receiver. A tree (50 ft oak) has grown to the point that the top is interfering with my reception of the western arc. It's time to move to a eastern arc dish (to get HD locals). This will involve planting a new pole in the ground. I'm thinking this might also be the time to switch to a Hopper and a Wally. I need the Wally because my barn/mancave is 150 ft behind my house and has it's own dish is also my RV receiver. I would also want to have the dvr option on the Wally. What would this entail cost wise etc. I only feed 1 extra tv with the 722 so I guess we would need 1 Joey as well.

Upfront costs will depend on credit and other factors...if you want to make the Wally a DVR, then you'll pay a one-time $40 activation fee.

Monthly costs should be $15 DVR service, $7 for Joey, $7 for Wally.

You might get discounted fees with a new 2-year agreement, like $10 DVR and $5 Joey for 24 months. Not sure if the Wally would be discounted too.

Reactions: JSheridan
The 510 will not work on EA.

I thought they obsoleted 510's when they went to 8PSK on WA, surprised it still works.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts