vip722 and 722k problem

waltah

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Aug 22, 2009
NE Ohio
long story short my vip722 dvr was having an issue where every morning when we woke up the box was not responsive....no screensaver screen, just blank. it wouldnt respond to anything from the remote. a reboot fixed this but it was a hassle.

dish replaced it with a new receiver (722k) and now i had the same thing happen this morning. i turn on the tv and its a blank screen, no response from the dvr at all. rebooted and no luck. mode light is solid orange, cant turn on either tuner (tv1 or 2)

what is causing this? note: the dvr is in the open with adequate ventilation.

*EDIT*....it seems like when we arent using the dvr for a period of time and it goes to "sleep" mode.....its doesnt just sleep....it goes into a non-responsive coma :)

hope that helps

Last edited:
note that i have 2 tvs on this receiver, it does the same thing for both tvs so its definitley a reciever related issue. not the tv(s)

open area , well ventilated. we leave the box on when not in use. we rarely turn it off. we went a year and a half without turning off the original 722 so i dont think thats the issue with this one.

The box will turn itself off when not in use after 4 hours unless you adjust the inactivity mode or unenable it. The Receivers have to be off to download the latest software and guide data. It will show as the normal yellow and green light, but the screen saver will be on. I would make sure that you turn it off everytime you turn the tv off.

I also have a problem sometimes with my 722k not responding to the remote control when I first turn it on. Here is what I do: Go to the receiver , open the right side door and hit the select button with your finger and it will turn on and then the remote control responds again.

Try this. Set your rec to automatically tune to whatever ch you tend to watch in the morning. I have mine set to Fox News....I have it set auto tune at 5 a.m. May help, may not. If you're not sure how to do this, you find a show that comes on in the morning, click on it and change the setting from "dvr" to auto tune...this is found on the left side of the timer screen.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts