VIP722: Can I control TV1 with both IR and UHF?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

sofakng

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Dec 5, 2006
On my old VIP622 I had it working so TV1 was controlled by both IR and UHF. The receiver was in single mode and I used HDMI splitters to split the output to different rooms.

How do I do this on my new VIP722K?

The exact same way. You just need to set the remote addresses to the right number. If you already have the old remotes set the way you want then go to the system info screen (you can press the button on the front of the receiver or hit menu menu). Then hit record from each remote and it will set the receiver's remote address to the one in the remote already. You are good to go.

I'm having some trouble... for some reason when I press [RECORD] on my UHF remote (while in the system info screen) it doesn't update the remote address.

IR is working fine though.

On the UHF remote, I have the blue [2] chip facing up and UHF selected on the back. I tried changing the remote code (ie. hold [Sat] until all four lights blink, press 1-4 then [#]) and then pressed [REC] but it still didn't register on the receiver.

What am I doing wrong? :(

OK - I was too far away from the antenna. When I press [REC] it updated my remote #2 address.

However, the remote still doesn't control TV1...

On my 722, I have a 5.3 IR for TV1, and I have a 21.0 in UHF mode for TV1 as well. I have the green #1 tab facing up. The 722 is in dual mode, with a second 21.0 controlling TV2.

You need to update remote # 1 address, not #2...making it uhf. To do this, in the sys info screen with the blue tab up and uhf selected under the battery cover, press the clear SAT button and than record - should change remote address for tv1

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)