VIP722 device code anyone?

dart451

Original poster
Sep 28, 2008
Hello,

I'm trying to find the device code for my new VIP722 DVR receiver so I can program my universal remote...anyone know what it is? I have a Sony RM-VL600 Universal remote and it wants a brand name for the VIP722...I've looked on the back and front and find no brand name except DishNetwork...who makes it? Thanks

it's made by Echostar, same remote codes as any other Dish Network receiver. You might have to make sure the remote address on the receiver is set to address 1.

Generally Echostar, Dish Network, Bell Expressvu are the same when it comes to remotes.

Boy, that was a fast response! Thanks! However, it appears that my code list that came with the RM-VL600 doesn't have a Echostar...anyone know what the code number would be? Thanks.
Oops! I think I found it after all! It shows that it's #3010...we'll see if it works! Thanks for all the help!

Well shoot! The 3010 didn't work on my VIP722! I actually found this information on RC Forums...someone wrote a thread there stating that they had a VIP722 unit and code 3010 worked for them! Guess I should have known it wouldn't work for me!?

It's on address 2. I have the VIP722 with two remotes...if I change this to 1, will it mess up the remote in the bedroom you think? Doesn't look like you can change it in the info screen either! Hmmmmm....

Ok, I once again found the info in my manual to change the address. Sorry I keep shooting the gun! I'll try to put a silencer on it! LOL

Last edited:
Well, it took me a few tries to change to address #1 on the remote but it didn't help. It still won't work with code 3010. Thanks anyway!

Hello,

I'm trying to find the device code for my new VIP722 DVR receiver so I can program my universal remote...anyone know what it is? I have a Sony RM-VL600 Universal remote and it wants a brand name for the VIP722...I've looked on the back and front and find no brand name except DishNetwork...who makes it? Thanks
There AIN'T NO CODE that's gonna work with that Sony RM-VL600 to control your 722. It is a LEARNING remote though. Just use the Sony manual and learn it! LOL How do I know? I own 2 of 'em and use one to control all my audio/video where my 722 is and another to do the same with my 622. Takes awhile to do but I rarely use the Dish remotes. Good luck!

Ed

Actually, I did finally get the remote to accept the 3010 code but...it didn't make very buttons functional. I finally did what you suggested...use the Learning Commands, and walla! Everything works! I should have started this in the beginning...I wouldn't have wasted so much time. I'm a slow learner I'm afraid! LOL:eek:

Has anyone else had trouble getting their rm-vl600 to learn the "Guide" and "Live TV" buttons of the VIP722 Dish Network remote? I have all the other buttons functioning correctly, but I can't get the two buttons I use the most to work. Thanks!

Yes, I got my "guide" button to work with my VL600 and I also used the VL600 "Cancel" button for the "Live TV" button. Both work fine! You might want to erase all the settings for "Satellite" before you start though...I had trouble with this because I originally had the Satellite button programmed for a DirectV unit. It wouldn't accept any new codes till I erased the old ones. Hope this helps!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)