VIP722 DVR Receiver Problems

PopcornNMore

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Mar 20, 2005
Gibsonia, PA
Right before Christmas we reduced our programming from the top 250 to the top 100 in order to reduce expenses. Everything was working great and we went in and deleted timers for channels we no longer received. We then went away for a few days and when we arrived home we noticed that our electric had been out for awhile while we were away.

When we turned on our VIP722 we noticed that our DVR was not working. I reset the receiver and all the recorded shows were gone. I then reset again and they returned. Then while watching a recorded show it froze. After another reset our timers disappeared. Another reset and channels are missing, etc. So far we have reset the receiver approx 10-12 times in only 2 days and the receiver is acting up worse.

What should I do? Will DN sent me out another receiver? Will it cost me anything?

Good question - my receiver is more than 18 months old and I have a similary question. What happens if it acts flakey or dies? Others may be able to help answer what it costs to replace it. I am assuming that you did not buy any equipment maintenance plan.

If you have some recorded shows that you want to preserve, I would suggest that you get an external storage unit. If you convince Dish and explain your issues, they may be able to waive the $40 activation fee. You should then be able to save off your shows to the external storage device. It is my understanding that you will be able to view those recordings when coupled with your replacement unit as long as it contains your existing smart card or as long as it is registered under your existing account.

i would add DHPP to your account you will not have to pay the shipping and if a tech is sent then you will only be charged 29 instead of 99 if they charge you at all. i would go on thier website and do a chat with tech support. seems like it easier to get them to understand what your problem is and you will have a record of what was in the conversation. good luck

After resetting and sometimes even unplugging the receiver well over 10 times, I called DN and they are going to be sending out a new VIP722 receiver within 5 business days at no cost except for a $15 shipping fee. The bad news is that we lost well over 100 hours of programming and can't record or watch already recorded programming until the new receiver arrives. However, I am very happy of how DN resolved the problem. They could have charged me an arm and a leg for a new receiver or extended my programming agreement.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)