VIP722 DVR Sound/Volume options

If your TV passes audio, hook headphones to TV audio out, internal speakers off (or muted), and mute with TV remote (assuming you have configured Dish remote to work sound bar).

Resurrecting an old subject - maybe someone has another idea. I've got some wireless headphones hooked to the audio out of my VIP722. When I use them, I turn off my Sound Bar (HDMI to my TV). I want to mute the sound in the headphones during commercials. Anyone figured out how to mute the audio out on the VIP?
Press pause. :)
Wait 3-4 minutes, press FF until you reach the end of the commercials, press play.

No need to record the entire program as cosmo says. ;)

The old 2700/3900 receivers had this.. And it was a real pain.. I would go in a customers house to do service and when I turned off the box the TV would almost blow the speakers because the customer had the box volume way down and the TV volume WAY up.. The only reason that Dish had this feature back then was because a lot of TVs didn't have remote control back then. Now it is an unneeded feature..

CORRECT! And such a feature is another point of customer dissatisfaction not understanding that there IS such a control on the box, only to clog up the CSR phone-lines with such complaints regarding volume.

The OP has to understand that Dish engineers its products with Joe Blow and Granny in mind and ELIMINATING features that just may cost more in toll-free charges to the CSR centers than it is worth providing for even Power Users.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts