VIP722 Error code 05 after loading photos to HD

whiteboxr

Original poster
Nov 17, 2006
My VIP722 is showing, "a problem was encountered when opening the files for this DVR event Please note error code: 05" when I tried to open any of the shows I've recorded on the DVR. The DVR was almost completely full, I think I had about 1-1/2 hours left of record time in HD on the disk.

On Friday night I uploaded 927 MB of photos to my VIP722 to create a slideshow for my son's little league party. After Friday I haven't recorded any shows and every show recorded prior to Friday (when I uploaded the photos) gives me this error when I try and open it.

Actions I've already taken:
1) Deleted the 927 MB of photos
2) I unplugged the 722 and forced a reboot.
3) Forced a reboot by holding down the power button
4) I can playback any show I've transferred to my external hard drive, so I know it is hard drive issue on the 722 and not a playback issue.
5) I recorded a test show last night (just as a test) and it will playback, so the problem is limited to the 50+ shows I've already recorded.

Any help would be greatly appreciated, I really hope I won't lose these 50+ shows we haven't watched yet. We were going to watch complete seasons of shows this summer, when TV sucks!

And yes, I've learned my lesson, from now on I will back up every show that means anything to me onto a external HD, and will no longer trust the internal HD.

thanks!
whiteboxr

Never heard of it, nor have I even ever played with putting photos on any of the ViP series of receivers. However it sounds like the file system may have been corrupted. Since the receivers run linux this is usually solved automatically by the receiver running fsck (yes it is supposed to be FSCK) Anyone know how to force a FSCK on a ViP series receiver without clearing out the hard drive? Since you have nothing to loose you could always start recording 2 programs, and pull the power during these recordings, this might flag the drive for a fsck to check for file system errors (much the same way windows will run a chkdsk if it was writing to files when power is lost). The screen you want to see looks like this:

770.jpg

Best of luck to you.

thanks for the help. Yesterday when I went in to see how much room was left on the HD, the # of HD hours available was changed to 55 hours, but all the recorded titles still appeared. I tried the suggestions (above) and nothing worked. Bummer! Now all have to get Netflix and get the complete seasons of shows I was saving for this summer <sigh> !sadroll

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts