VIP722 First Impressions.

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
TV2 never is in HD. You can watch an HD program, but it is downconverted to SD. This is because of DRM. They aren't allowed to send an "unprotected" signal in the clear over coax. That would allow people to make HD copies and spread them on the web.

If you want HD on TV2, run an HDMI or component cables from the TV1 output to the second TV. Various other threads here discuss options and methods.

Memphis is nice to visit. May is a good time, Memphis in May, Music Fest, BBQ Fest, not too hot yet. Come June - September it's HOT here. If you want to party with the BBQ teams during BBQ FEST, Wed, Thurs, & maybe Fri night is when they're partying and having fun. They get serious when judging time comes at the end of the week.
Any other time we still have great BBQ here. Commissary is good but not my fave, Corky's (Original on Poplar) is consistently good. Neely's Interstate BBQ is good. Redezvous is good for its Downtown back-alley charm more than its food.

As for Graceland...
I recommend daytime. Whitehaven, the 50's suburb where it's located, was really nice in the 50's and 60's. Now is a different time.
There's Graceland and it's surrounding Elvis attractions. Hang out in that area and you're good... then get back downtown for fun at night.

Peabody is nice, I proposed to my wife on the roof. Across from there is the Redbirds Stadium (St Louis farm team). Huey's is on the other corner, great place for burgers and beer, nachos are pretty good too. If you like a big selection of microbrews, stop by the Flying Saucer on you way down Second St to Beale. Also downtown, there's the FedEx Forum where the Glizzleys play and Gibson Gituar next to it. Head south down Main St for breakfast at the Arcade Diner. There's other stuff, but I guess I 've already run this thread far enough off course. Maybe OP could add "and Memphis review" to title;).

We had dinner at the Rendezvous one night - very good. And one party was on the roof of the Peabody (very very cool - nice view of downtown and the river) and another was at the Gibson Guitar Factory. We had some famous Memphis vocalists perform blues for our group (she won Memphis artist of the year recently or something) and we got tours of the factory. Very very fun (but yeah, it was hot, even in October!).

Now back to our regular programming...

TV2 never is in HD. You can watch an HD program, but it is downconverted to SD. This is because of DRM. They aren't allowed to send an "unprotected" signal in the clear over coax. That would allow people to make HD copies and spread them on the web.

Thanks Sony and friends for messing up a good thing.

If you want HD on TV2, run an HDMI or component cables from the TV1 output to the second TV. Various other threads here discuss options and methods.

That would be fine if TV1 Remote weren't IR only. If TV1 Remote had TV2 Remote's dual frequency capabilities to control from other rooms, then I could have practical use of TV1 Output to view DVR HD content in other rooms. This receiver is so close to being just right, but just short of it. So frustrating. I don't want to pay for another receiver along with its accomanying additional monthly fee just so I can have HD in other rooms. Although I like to record multiple different programs simultaneously, I don't need the three tvs in my house to play multiple different programs simultaneously. I just want to control the DVR from any room to play my HD content. I don't mind doing a little extra cabling, if this baby would dance the way I want it to.

BTW. Anyone know if I need to upgrade my Dish 500 Dual LNB antenna to something else to get the HD Only package?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)