VIP722 - HDMI cable included?

pudge29

Original poster
Oct 4, 2007
I've read through several threads and I cannot seem to find a concesus on where the 722 comes with an HDMI cable.

Anyone have any input on this? Is it up to the installer?

My TV is mounted on the wall and the cable will be routed through the wall (don't worry...I'm not going to make the installer do it...I'll take care of that later). If the 722 does not include the cable I want to buy one to have at the time of installation...but I don't want to buy one if I'll get the cable with the receiver.

thanks for the help1

Assume you will not get one with it. You can get a good one for less than $10.00 at
www.monoprice.com
This will be a true HDMI cable. Some installers have been using some kind of HDMI/DVI connection hybrids.

Last edited:
Internal tech's MIGHT supply one depending on whether or not they have them instock, the kind that anonymouse99 is describing. (yep they run out).

Like KAB said $10, order it piece of mind. ;)

No HDMI

No HD receiver I've ever installed, including the 722 ever came with anything but rca's and s-video in the box. HDMI's and/or component were supplied by the company I worked for and came with a price tag for the customer.

No HD receiver I've ever installed, including the 722 ever came with anything but rca's and s-video in the box. HDMI's and/or component were supplied by the company I worked for and came with a price tag for the customer.

I agree, well almost.

At one point Dish did supply DVI cables with their 811s.
(but then the TV manufacturers changed to HDMI, and Dish apparently figured to treat this like a PC and printer: buy a new printer, ALSO buy a printer cable.)

I say it's up to the TV makers to throw in a good quality HD cable!!!!!!!!!

fred

The 622-211-222-722 do not have any HD cables in it. It only comes with RCA and a 25' phone line.
Different TV's require different inputs. DVI, HDMI and Component so dish does not include all 3 options, thats a waste of money cuz you aint gonna use all 3.
Best place to get a HD cable is Wal-Mart thats the cheapest anyway. If it is a long run then most likley have to get a better quality set.

when my 722 was installed the installer went on ahead and hooked up a hdmi cable on his own from the satellite receiver to the tv. I don't know what kind of cable it is at it plugs into the hdmi port on the receiver and hooks into another cable like a computer cable and then plugs into the hdmi on the back of the tv..works great.

My install date got pushed back a few days because the installer hadn't received their 722 shipments yet. When they called to change the install date, I asked if they would supply the HDMI cable and was told no, that I would have to supply it myself. As I said in my previous post, the 722 that the installer brought with him had component HD cables in the box with it.

It's strange to me that reports of what cables come in the box seem to vary so much. I would have thought that E* would include the same cables in every box with each receiver of a given model (Like the 722, I would have though if mine had component with it, that any 722 would have component with it). That doesn't seem to be the case though.

My installer hooked my 622 up using an HDMI cable (not the DVI adapter one... straight HDMI).

I had my own handy just in case. Monoprice makes this a no brainer. I have spare cables for stuff because of them. :)

I'm also one of those people that cleans around the area the installer will need to work, including outside near the dish and in the basement in case he needs to have access to anything from there. I usually have all cables pulled and marked in the AV cabinet so he only has to plug stuff in. Installer gets offered coffe, soda, breakfast... whatever as long as he's doing a decent job. The one that coughed up the HDMI cable that I KNOW didn't come in the box, got a $20 tip.

The installer that showed up and had to borrow my step ladder, my wrenches (for the cable connections) and basic stuff.... he got offered coffee. He didn't tip ME for using my tools. He used grounding blocks as cable splices (the 3GHz rated ones... I had a couple of old splices.)

So the good ones get treated well because they are going the extra mile. The slugs just get treated with respect and kindness. I never treat anyone like crap unless they break stuff. :) Then they're in for it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)