vip722....how do I choose where it records??

This_Guy

Original poster
Feb 13, 2011
Los angeles, ca
I've been through the manual, I've gone through all the onscreen options and menus I could find.

When I'm at TV1 where the vip722 is installed and I choose to dvr a program it automatically records on TV2 in the other room.
I can't figure out how to make it record on tv1.
I have only tried setting up the DVR to capture a program playing in the future, an hour ahead. And nowhere that I can find does it give me the option to record and watch on TV1.

What doooo I do???:rant:

Help.

Disable Record Plus to TV2

Menu/Preferences/Record Plus/Disable OR set to TV1.

Keep in mind, though, when disabled, the TV you select from is the tuner it will record to.

BTW, page 58 in manual.

It isn't recording to TV2 only output. It's actually just TV tuner #2. It can be viewed on either output. This gives you the option of watching a program on the TV1 output while recording on the TV tuner #2. Once the recording has started, you can watch it on the TV1 output using the DVR button. It's confusing when both the tuners are referred to as TV1 and TV2 and the outputs are also referred to as TV1 and TV2. But they are really different.

... It's confusing when both the tuners are referred to as TV1 and TV2 and the outputs are also referred to as TV1 and TV2. But they are really different.
While certainly many are confused about this, it seems that you are confused about the problem described by the OP when operating in Dual Mode. :)

While certainly many are confused about this, it seems that you are confused about the problem described by the OP when operating in Dual Mode. :)

I don't think I'm confused. Read it carefully. The OP seems to think that since it is recording to TV tuner 2 it can only be played on TV2 output.
"I choose to dvr a program it automatically records on TV2 in the other room. "

I'm very familiar with DUAL mode. My 722 is in Dual mode 99% of the time. Using TV tuner 1 as the primary tuner prevents the viewer from being able to watch Dish content on the primary TV. He can watch OTA, but not Dish.

It isn't recording to TV2 only output. It's actually just TV tuner #2. It can be viewed on either output. This gives you the option of watching a program on the TV1 output while recording on the TV tuner #2. Once the recording has started, you can watch it on the TV1 output using the DVR button. It's confusing when both the tuners are referred to as TV1 and TV2 and the outputs are also referred to as TV1 and TV2. But they are really different.

Also, tv1 could play off tuner 1 or tuner 2. You could have tuner 1 completely die and still be able to watch either tv intermittently. I don't know why it happens, but it definately does.

My concern, and not confusion were....

I don't think I'm confused. Read it carefully. The OP seems to think that since it is recording to TV tuner 2 it can only be played on TV2 output.
"I choose to dvr a program it automatically records on TV2 in the other room. "

I'm very familiar with DUAL mode. My 722 is in Dual mode 99% of the time. Using TV tuner 1 as the primary tuner prevents the viewer from being able to watch Dish content on the primary TV. He can watch OTA, but not Dish.

When I'm in the main room where the tuner uses output 1, I wanted to watch a movie and dvr it at the same time while someone else was in room 2 trying to watch a different show. I wasn't able to figure out the resolution to this but I did with the helpful info here.
Thanks everyone.

When I'm in the main room where the tuner uses output 1, I wanted to watch a movie and dvr it at the same time while someone else was in room 2 trying to watch a different show. I wasn't able to figure out the resolution to this but I did with the helpful info here.
Thanks everyone.

Glad we were able to help. That's what this forum is for.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)