vip722 or vip722K?

blake616

Original poster
Jan 28, 2012
Indiana
Dish is offering me one of 2 VIP 722 receivers as and upgrade to my VIP 622, either the VIP 722 or VIP 722K. Anyone have thoughts/experiences with either or both of these? I told them if I chose the K version that I would have to have the OTA module, as I get my locals from my antenna.

Can someone tell me the differences between these 2 models?

Thanks....

If you only get locals OTA, you would definitely want the K with module...two OTA tuners vs. one. K also comes with learning remotes and can back up your timers and settings.

Of course, maybe you should consider moving directly to the Hopper. Coming soon from a kangaroo near you.

Of course, maybe you should consider moving directly to the Hopper. Coming soon from a kangaroo near you.

No ETA on OTA support for the Hopper though, which is what he mentioned, so the Hopper wouldn't work for him at this time.

I prefer the 722K to the 722, everything works a little faster, it was frustrating to have to buy the OTA adapter, but I'm happier with the 722K.

I vote 722K. Twice the OTA tuners. Save timers to remote. Why wouldn't one go for the 722K over the 722?

I am with you guys about the 722k. I have one that has been faultless(about 3 years)! My old 622 went south last weekend. I have ordered another 722k to be installed on Sunday??? I didn't know these guys worked weekends.

Dish is offering me one of 2 VIP 722 receivers as and upgrade to my VIP 622, either the VIP 722 or VIP 722K. Anyone have thoughts/experiences with either or both of these? I told them if I chose the K version that I would have to have the OTA module, as I get my locals from my antenna.

Can someone tell me the differences between these 2 models?

Thanks....
Are you sure you have a choice? Usually it is we will ship either a 722 or 722K which ever is available in the warehouse. DISH owns the leased receivers and all models of 722 are considered equal.

I vote 722K. Twice the OTA tuners. Save timers to remote. Why wouldn't one go for the 722K over the 722?
I was impatient. The installer didn't have an OTA module in his truck to give/sell me, so I went with the 722 thinking I didn't really need 2 OTA tuners, and that I wouldn't have to pay for it. I didn't realize at the time that the OTA tuner isn't accessible from TV2, so kicking myself a bit over that decision.

I was impatient. The installer didn't have an OTA module in his truck to give/sell me, so I went with the 722 thinking I didn't really need 2 OTA tuners, and that I wouldn't have to pay for it. I didn't realize at the time that the OTA tuner isn't accessible from TV2, so kicking myself a bit over that decision.

You probably already know this, but the 722K can view OTA on TV2.

So just start recording OTA to DVR and start watching the DVr from TV2.

Sorry if I made it seem like that isn't what I was doing (getting all of my OTA content to TV2 from the DVR).

What clued me in to the fact that TV2 didn't see the live OTA tuner, was when my Dish Pass timers that I happened to create from the TV2 remote sitting at TV2, were NOT searching the OTA channels and I was missing recordings. I had to rebuild all my Dish Pass timers from TV1 in order to get programs recorded that happened to fall on an OTA channel. That really irked me, but it's all good now.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)