VIP722+SlingAdapter+TwoGoogleTV's

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

jloope

Original poster
Dec 19, 2011
Portland, OR
I have a little problem.

I have DISH with a 722 DVR and Sling adapter. I also have two sony google tv's: one upstairs and one down. I can watch my DVR from my Android tablet and cell phone, but not my second GoogleTV. Sling now has a Google "Spotlight" application that will connect to a Slingbox, but it refuses to recognize my sling adapter. setup.sling.com also fails to connect to it, but I can watch TV on dishnetwork online.

So my questions are as follows:

1. Has anyone gotten the GoogleTV Spotlight Sling app to work with the VIP722+Sling
2. Is there any other option for GoogleTV? (Sideloading the DishOnline apk doesn't work, it's built for ARM and blows up on the Sony)
3. What are my alternatives? It MAY be possible to poke a hole between floors and run HDMI from upstairs to down, but it's going to be a Gigantic pain. I have switched ethernet throughout the house, so the sling seems simpler.

1. no.
2. no.
3. use a real google box instead of the adapter. I have the same problem here with the google revue unit. It has a sling application under the spotlight section as well. It won't work with anything but the Sling Pro hd unit or the other regular sling unit. The sling adapter is not supported at all and never will be. So my only option is to by a $299.99 Sling Pro Hd unit if I want to see my living room tv in the bedroom using the google revue unit. I've decided to just keep the coax cable for tv2 and learn to love it.

Well I changed my mind yesterday. Best Buy sent an email to me for their Christmas sale. I got the sling pro hd box for 60.00 off the price and I used my 50.00 gift card to knock it down further and my rewards coupon for 15.00 off . So I got the $299.99 sling pro hd unit for about $175.00 total. I also updated my a/v receiver ,since my bedroom ancient RCA a/v receiver stopped working on the digital sound. FREE SHIPPING on all of it. I also bought a second google revue unit from Amazon for $79.99 . It should all be here by end of the week or early in January. I then can hook the 211k in the bedroom into the google box and then the box into the tv and the new a/v receiver. I can then test and see if my living room tv can be seen in the bedroom using the sling app on the google box . I just wonder if this will disable my live screen on the tv in the living room while it is being viewed on the sling app on the google revue in the bedroom? It would be cool if it can be seen at the same time in both rooms, with a little lag time because of internet delivery. THis is the closest thing to the sling extender I will ever get it looks like. IF it does work I won't need any XIP whole house dvr . But I still really would like to see how that baby works too. I'll report back when I am all hooked up and have tested it. I 'll probably start a new thread to talk about it if it works well.

Last edited:
Thanks for your response and update. I'm fairly disappointed with the sling adapter on DISH. It has mediocre functionality on my phone and tablet, but the lack of gtv and linux support really bugs me.

MikeD-C05 said:
Well I changed my mind yesterday. Best Buy sent an email to me for their Christmas sale. I got the sling pro hd box for 60.00 off the price and I used my 50.00 gift card to knock it down further and my rewards coupon for 15.00 off . So I got the $299.99 sling pro hd unit for about $175.00 total. I also updated my a/v receiver ,since my bedroom ancient RCA a/v receiver stopped working on the digital sound. FREE SHIPPING on all of it. I also bought a second google revue unit from Amazon for $79.99 . It should all be here by end of the week or early in January. I then can hook the 211k in the bedroom into the google box and then the box into the tv and the new a/v receiver. I can then test and see if my living room tv can be seen in the bedroom using the sling app on the google box . I just wonder if this will disable my live screen on the tv in the living room while it is being viewed on the sling app on the google revue in the bedroom? It would be cool if it can be seen at the same time in both rooms, with a little lag time because of internet delivery. THis is the closest thing to the sling extender I will ever get it looks like. IF it does work I won't need any XIP whole house dvr . But I still really would like to see how that baby works too. I'll report back when I am all hooked up and have tested it. I 'll probably start a new thread to talk about it if it works well.

Good luck getting your stuff from Best Buy. Big news report right befor christmas about folks that placed orders in november with "guaranteed" christmas delivery that wasn't going to happen. Best Buy refused to cancel orders that hadn't shipped telling folks that they had to wait for delivery. Lots of disappointed folks christmas day...

Ross

Sent from my rooted DROIDX (Liberty Gingerbread) using SatelliteGuys

Put simply: The Sling Player App (available on Boxee Box, Google TV, Etc.) will NOT function with Sling Adapter. The Sling Player App functions using a stand alone Sling Box ONLY. The Sling Adapter is supported only via Dish site while Sling Player App functions via Sling site, hence the limitations.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)