VIP722 via Logitech remote

Igolf2

Original poster
Mar 21, 2008
Sorry if this is in the wrong forum but I need assistance.

I have a new HDTV - a new DVD recorder - a new home theater system and Dish HD with a 722 DVR and TOO many remotes!

While I have some of the functions programmed into the 722's remote I would love to consolidate all into one universal remote. I have been looking at the Logitech 880/890/One and was wondering if any of you are currently using a Logitech remote and your impressions.

Thanks in advance for any info.

I have a new HDTV - a new DVD recorder - a new home theater system and Dish HD with a 722 DVR and TOO many remotes!

While I have some of the functions programmed into the 722's remote I would love to consolidate all into one universal remote. I have been looking at the Logitech 880/890/One and was wondering if any of you are currently using a Logitech remote and your impressions.

I have a Logitech 688 works great with my 622 and 722.

i use the x360 version of the logitech harmony and love it, works really well with my 722. Also have a friend that has the One i believe and he loves his as well (not sure if he has a 622 or a 722)

I have a 691 and it replaced TV, DVD, XBox360, CD player, 622, X10 light dimmer, Home Theater receiver and a few other remotes.

One touch on and off feature is awesome. It is super easy to set up by connecting to your computer. All you need is the brand/model number of your equipment and it will program almost every feature your original remotes have.

Get one, you will not regret it.

I'm using an 880 with my Vip 622 and it controls everything flawlessly. And you can't beat the huge WAF!!! ;)

Check here or do search on Harmony remotes and you'll see a lot of information....

I have an 880 I use with a 622, another 880 I use with my 612 and a 360 I use with a 211. Love em all and the WAF is very high.

Larry

The Harmony 880 is pretty horrible, actually. I have one. The play/pause/fast forward buttons are kind of shoved in there in an unusual order and they all feel the same.

The Harmony One fixes that and more closely emulates a proper DVR remote - wth pause in the center and rewind/fast forward on either side.

I have the Logitech Harmony 550. I bought it on e-bay about a month ago for $56. It works my Mitsubishi HDTV, Onkyo TX-SR604 and VIP 722 flawlessly. Great Product

Not sure what you are asking. My 722 is in single mode.

If you use your 722 in dual tuner mode can you use the logitech to replace both remotes. I just purchased a 722 and I want to connect both tuners to my TV, and I'm trying to avoid having to use two remotes to switch between both tuners if possible.

I have the Harmony One. I'm still fine tuning it. You set it up with "activities", which turns on all the appropriate stuff and settings with one click. So, for instance, my in-laws can figure out how to turn on the VCR.

Because the dish remote does not know my sony tuner, and the tuner and tv remotes don't know each other, I was juggling 3 remotes before.

There are web sites to get good icons for your favorite channels. I like the color touch screen, which looks extra cool with custom designed icons.

Buy Buy Buy

Spend the money and buy a Harmony remote. I have used so many different universal remotes and the all suck compared to the harmony ones. The best $110 for the 659 i have ever spent. I would try to find the 880, sears had them on sale for $199 and i have seen them at best buy for $149. THE GREATEST REMOTES EVER. It turns on my projector, dish vip 722, receiver, turns the lights on then off, and starts me screen for the projector to come down all with one push of a button, and all to the right settings. Only thing it won't do is turn on the wii cause it uses bluetooth. DAMN IT

If you use your 722 in dual tuner mode can you use the logitech to replace both remotes. I just purchased a 722 and I want to connect both tuners to my TV, and I'm trying to avoid having to use two remotes to switch between both tuners if possible.

Ok, now I think I see what you mean. TV2's remote is a UHF, so my 688 can't work it. Not sure if you can change TV2 to IR. If you can you could have 2 different setups to operate both.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)