VIP722 via Logitech remote

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Just an update for those considering a Logitech remote. Received the Harmony 880 yesterday and spent last night programming it - Amazing unit!! Within 10 minutes "she who must be obeyed" was using it without problems!! ( Miracle )

Easy to set up and update and use. Highly Recommended.

I bought a new Harmony 890 (and extender) on eBay for about half price. It works GREAT. The best thing about the 890 + extender is that the 890 uses RF (ie through walls cabinet doors, etc). The extender receives these RF signals and converts them ti IR for operation of each device). Mine works perfectly!

I switched to Harmony remotes from my trusty old Phillips Pronto. I have two 880's which work great and which I like a lot. Still, if I were to buy a new remote today, I'd get the Harmony One, because it is ergonomically superior to the 880 or 890. The button layout is better, and it solves an annoying issue with the 880, which is that too many of the buttons are shaped identically and not laid out especially well. This can make the 880 less than simple to use in the dark. Most, if not all buttons on the One are sculpted nicely, backlit, and the color touchscreen is really good. It's absolutely worth the extra bucks over earlier models, in my view.

I'll never own another touch screen. I don't mind seeing a nice color LCD, but no more touch screens and I don't care WHO makes it. They are NEVER clean! They ALWAYS have fingerprints on them. And the "touch" part gets old kinda fast. How many "touches" can a touch screen handle? I guess I just prefer buttons. If I don't buy another Harmony, I'd switch to URC, but they're a little more money.

But no touch screens.... not ever again.

I was going to get a 880 awhile ago, but they discontinued the TV listings feature it used to have. Would've worked out great for my locals which I receive via QAM with no EPG info.

Ended up picking up the Harmony XBox version when Amazon was running a deal for under $50. Works great for all my gear, including the 722. Had way too many pages of programmable buttons for my Zenith plasma by default though. Had to edit most of them out.

Using three 676's, in three different colors, in three different rooms, running three different brands of tv's. The wife loves them and it is a happier life.