ViP722 with Legacy LNBs (110,119,61.5)

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

maejestra

Original poster
May 21, 2006
I am considering upgrading to ViP722. Moved to a house that has an existing setup-the previous owner explained: a dish 500 QUAD LNB (legacy) that gives a mixed 110+119 which then combines with a 61.5 (separate 300) through a SW21 switch. The output signal feeds into a legacy receiver which can see all three birds, 110,119, and 61.5.

To upgrade to the 722, do I need additional switches /splitters (without changing to DP)?

Since there are two Sats inputs on the back of the 722, would I need a special splitter to work with the incoming signal?

Any guidance on the hookup will be greatly appreciated.

You would need to another sw21 and connect second line out from the quad and the lnb on 61.5 and run coax from the new sw21 to the 722. Only way to use one line would be to change out the quad for a DishProPlus Twin on the Dish 500 and either a DishPro single or dual on 61.5 and then use a DPP Separator (which does look like a splitter) at the back of the 722 to feed both tuners.

Thanks you very much for the info. There is another line from the QUAD LNB (legacy) and the 61.5 connected to another SW21. But the coax from that switch is going to another bedroom. Rerouting this line might be a bit tricky.

Would the two coax (to the back of the 722) be needed even to run the 722 in Singe Mode (to 1 TV only)?

You can run it off one line, but you leave yourself open to many problems when the receiver looks to the second tuner and finds nothing. A lot of your viewing will be interrupted with "No Satellite Signal" messages as a result of tuner two not being connected. If you changed the lnb's as I described earlier, you would not need to run a second line and also make use of the second existing line with another receiver if you needed to.

You would need to another sw21 and connect second line out from the quad and the lnb on 61.5 and run coax from the new sw21 to the 722. Only way to use one line would be to change out the quad for a DishProPlus Twin on the Dish 500 and either a DishPro single or dual on 61.5 and then use a DPP Separator (which does look like a splitter) at the back of the 722 to feed both tuners.
Thats what I did and I got all the parts off e-bay for less then $50 shipped. When your done other then you grounding block you have no exposed connections, less chance of any water damage. The DPP has the connection for 61.5 with the built in switch. The DPP Separator comes with your 722. Also it's just swapping the LNBs and you should be good to go.

Let's say we go with:
1-DishProPlus Twin on the Dish 500
1-DishPro dual on 61.5

Would I need a DPP44 to connect to additional receivers?

Also, is swapping the LNBs (legacy out, DPP in) very straightforward, or would I need to realign them and get a Satellite finder?

Thanks!

No DPP44 switch needed as switch is built into the DPP Twin head. Sats are already aligned and no repointing necessary. The coax from 61.5 would go to the twin, two existing lines out of quad would be connected to the twin, insert the separator to the back of the 722 and used to feed both tuners, run a check switch and you should be good to go. Also note: the signal strength will appear to be alot lower, but if most transponders are 50 and above will be great.

Let's say we go with:
1-DishProPlus Twin on the Dish 500
1-DishPro dual on 61.5

Would I need a DPP44 to connect to additional receivers?

Also, is swapping the LNBs (legacy out, DPP in) very straightforward, or would I need to realign them and get a Satellite finder?

Thanks!
After two receivers you would need a switch.

Awesome! Let me see if I get this. In summary:

I need to replace the 61.5 legacy with a DP (single or dual), connect it to the the DPP Twin (it has 1 input and 2 outputs). Then the two outputs from the DPP Twin can go directly to a receiver. Each of the two coaxial cables (all RG-6) that used to be connected to the Quad LNB Legacy will now carry the 110,119 and 61.5 to the receiver. At the receiver end, I can use the DPP separator that comes with the 722. Run switch, etc.

Notme456 mentioned all this could be had for around $50. Please feel free to PM me with vendor info.

Awesome! Let me see if I get this. In summary:

I need to replace the 61.5 legacy with a DP (single or dual), connect it to the the DPP Twin (it has 1 input and 2 outputs). Then the two outputs from the DPP Twin can go directly to a receiver. Each of the two coaxial cables (all RG-6) that used to be connected to the Quad LNB Legacy will now carry the 110,119 and 61.5 to the receiver. At the receiver end, I can use the DPP separator that comes with the 722. Run switch, etc.

Notme456 mentioned all this could be had for around $50. Please feel free to PM me with vendor info.
You have the right idea. Just incase this should answer your question on how to install them.

"Dish Network DishPro PLUS Twin LNBF (NEW): Use it to look at the 119 and 110 orbitallocations. The DPP Twin LNBF can supply the satellite signal requirements for two receivers. A dual tuner receiver only requires a single cable when used with a DP Plus Separator."
As far as vendors go, I just look for the best price on ebay when I need something. Just pay by CC even if you use paypal cause paypal sucks.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)