VIP722K and the IR converter kit

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

cobra989

Original poster
Dec 18, 2011
Glennville, GA
hey everyone,
I am a newb here so I am sorry if I missed anything in my searching but I am having a problem with my converter. I have a VIP722K and I have the set in my living room, and am using the secondary setting in my master bedroom. I was having all kinds of issues with finding my UHF signal to get the stupid channel to change so I decided to get the IR2 converter kit. I got the kit and I have gotten everything setup in accordance with the manual. However I cant get the stinkin thing to pickup on the IR signal. I have changed the signal on the remote to the IR band and i get nothin, it turns on the tv but it wont turn on the dish. I am mainly wanting to use this to change over to a Logitech Harmony 300i remote to controll my tv and dish in the bedroom. Anyone have any ideas on where to start? I have the UHF for tv2 set to the B band, and I have tried with it set to the A band as well and I havent gotten any different in results.

Most people just move the uhf antenna from behind the receiver by using a piece of coax a female/female barrel connector and then use the original uhf remote for TV2. I think the ir blaster can only control TV1.

idk, the whole reason that i bought it was that DN has a video on youtube stating that its possible to be used for that purpose... but who knows I am gonna try sending it back and getting another to see if maybe i just got a faulty one.. which would be just my luck lol

The problem is likely just the code. If you're using a harmony to control TV2 via the IR kit, you'll need to make TV2 address 1. With the Dish remote, you'll have to use one in IR mode and set to the same address you see in system info. I personally would just try relocating the UHF antenna and continue using the Dish RF remote. The 300 is such a bad remote, it isn't worth all that effort and expense.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)