VIP722k Complete Signal Loss/Signal Loss/Local Channel/Outside View Area...etc

Eric Lewis

Original poster
Jan 1, 2012
louisiana
Ok, time to call in the big guns on this one. Have had 3 different sat techs out here to try and resolve intermittent outages on the VIP722k in my living room. The most recent tech said there were stray power surges frying my triplexer...yet it will work fine at other times with no rhyme or reason. I have this recvr and a solo HD recvr no dvr for the boys room. It works fine throughout all issues. Check switch fails.

They have replaced cable from the dish to the recx, and swapped out the 722k for another 722k. Unfortunately while here swapping power outlets made the old box work again so it was deemed that I have power issues and advised to hire an electrician. I actually considered it, but decided that if that is truly the issue, then I should just move back to Direct TV, never had a single issue with their boxes, just their prices, and they refused to move me to HD for free with a free DVR (deal i got for joining Dish) I recently got suddenlink as my ISP and am now considering just having them come put in a cable box and calling it quits with sat tv. Some more t/s i've done on my own
1. brought the boys recx in here and tested...works
2. during one "complete signal loss" swapped out a previously "fried" triplexer for the one that was put in and the signal came in fine for a couple days, after that when it started again i tried swapping back and forth a couple times but no luck...
it really seems just PFM no matter what i do on this one. Neither my local techs or I have been able to t/s this to a single component or fault in any part of the install?

Sounds like Sudden Link is the solution for you. Their prices are low like D* and they have local service, I see their trucks in town constantly.

Maybe if you can explain your problems someone on here can offer some possible solutions.

I have a some what similar problem with my 722. I will change to a channel and get the channel/signal loss, I can change to another channel and then change back and it will come in just fine. I have had a new receiver installed (because of bad hard drive). I had that problem with the previous 722 and with the new one, they also installed a new dish but I still randomly get the channel/signal loss.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts