VIP722K DVR -- failing to record programs

crazybrit

Apr 9, 2010
Portland, OR
Maybe someone can explain to me what I'm doing wrong here. I have a brand new VIP722K, only had Dish service for 1 month.

It's happened previously but it was no biggie as it just failed to record Glee for the girlfriend ;-)

But this weekend it failed to record the FA Cup Final on Fox Soccer Channel HD and I'm pissed. Doubly so as they don't seem to be rerunning it.

I created timers for the preview show and for the game itself (one immediately followed the other) and I verified that they were set correctly. It showed that both were one shot timers scheduled to record on tuner 2. Nothing else was scheduled to record at this time (not even on tuner 1).

If I go back to Saturday on the schedule page it shows it recorded the preview show (on tuner 2) but no there is no entry for the game itself (normally it will provide a reason why it didn't record something). Plenty of room on the DVR (30 hours HD).

Last time it happened (Glee) there was no reason given either on the schedule page but the timer page still had the event listed to record even though it was now in the past, eventually this timer just disappeared without me deleting it. In the FA Cup Final case, there was no sign of the timer.

Am I doing something wrong here or is this a bug?

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)