VIP722k L686 update

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

CK SatGuy

Formerly ckhalil18
Original poster
Feb 7, 2011
The Motor City
Don't know what this update includes (probably minor stuff) but if the release notes are available, could a DIRT member post them please. Thanks.

Bump. My 722ks got this update last night. Haven't noticed any differences yet, but I've only had the TV on for 5 minutes.

Bump. My 722ks got this update last night. Haven't noticed any differences yet, but I've only had the TV on for 5 minutes.
The only thing I noticed is on Dish on Demand now has it where you can press * to view all free content... unless I didn't noticed it on 685.

I got it too on both 722k's. I'll look for differences later and report if I find any.

Update: Must have been all "secret" stuff that was changed. I can't find a thing! Maybe my Sling Adaptor will work better/faster.

Last edited:
So I just got L686 on my 722K and now the receiver shows that I no longer have an internet connection. My Network Magic map says that the wireless adapter is connected, but that I should make sure that it is powered on. I have the usb adapter that I purchased directly from Dish and it has been working fine for months. The power light is on.
Any one have this problem after getting L686?
Any ideas about what to do?
Thanks for any help.

So I just got L686 on my 722K and now the receiver shows that I no longer have an internet connection. My Network Magic map says that the wireless adapter is connected, but that I should make sure that it is powered on. I have the usb adapter that I purchased directly from Dish and it has been working fine for months. The power light is on.
Any one have this problem after getting L686?
Any ideas about what to do?
Thanks for any help.
Do the first thing that should always be done (because of crappy code) unplug the power to the receiver wait 20 seconds.. plug it back in, and wait 5 minutes to see what happens.

While unplugging the wireless dongle would allow the dongle itself to lose power and reset, that doesn't take care of what the receiver does, or the code it sets up and runs. And even though they go through a soft power reset usually every morning.. its not the same as full power loss.

After that, if its still not working report back let the boards know..

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts