vip722k out to DVD Recorder via RCA plugs

jgmintz

Original poster
Jan 17, 2010
Alabama
I've got my 722k outputs (TV1) hooked up to a DVD Recorder via RCA Cables, which is then hooked up to the plasma via composite cables as well - I'm trying to get something I've recorded via DVR to send to DVD recorder and view on TV - How do you 'drive' the RCA outputs on the 722k? - I don't see how to change the source?

I've got my 722k outputs (TV1) hooked up to a DVD Recorder via RCA Cables, which is then hooked up to the plasma via composite cables as well - I'm trying to get something I've recorded via DVR to send to DVD recorder and view on TV - How do you 'drive' the RCA outputs on the 722k? - I don't see how to change the source?

If I'm understanding you correctly, hook your tv to the 722k through hdmi or component for standard viewing. Run composite from 722K to DVD recorder, then to a composite input on the tv. ALL OUTPUTS on the 722k are hot at the same time, so you can watch the source of programming thru HDMI or component, while at the same time recording thru composite.

Perhaps a setting is wrong on the DVD recorder.

Like dahenney said, all outputs on all ViP receivers are hot 24/7.

Thanks for replies - however, still not working.

Since all outputs are hot, do I need to be using the TV2 remote? (its in a different room for a different TV)

I've got the 722 "TV2" outputs to the DVD recorder and then of course, the output of the DVD Recorder to the main TV

Lastly - does it matter if the 722 is in single or dual mode?

Current configuration:
  • Main TV - HDMI to plasma // TV1 outputs - nothing hooked up // TV2 outputs to dvd recorder inputs (composite) // dvd recorder outputs to composite input on main tv
  • 2nd TV - coax from sometype of splitter between the two TVs that the dish guy said would allow viewing dvr on either TV
  • 722k in single mode (physically at the main TV along with dvd recorder)

I have no problem but I keep my 722 in the "single mode". I have had a few lip-syns problems but that went away when I leave the HDMI tv turned off. I hook an old 9" crt set to the output of my dvd recorder just to be sure it is set correctly and my only wish is that the 722k had SVHS out.

Into A/V since the days of Muntz 4 track car stereos. Too young to know who Earl "Mad Man" Muntz was? Google him.

Here's one for ya-

I worked with Muntz and Markoff in building the Muntz Markoff big screen TV in 1976. It was a Sony 15" tv that I reversed the deflection yoke leads and then we reflected the image off a mirror onto a 40" screen. The thing folded up into a box when not in use. They were sold in NYC market. Muntz was a used car salesman from Los Angeles, BTW. Markoff owned a stereo / camera store in NY and NJ. I actually worked for Markoff

Here's one for ya-

I worked with Muntz and Markoff in building the Muntz Markoff big screen TV in 1976. It was a Sony 15" tv that I reversed the deflection yoke leads and then we reflected the image off a mirror onto a 40" screen. The thing folded up into a box when not in use. They were sold in NYC market. Muntz was a used car salesman from Los Angeles, BTW. Markoff owned a stereo / camera store in NY and NJ. I actually worked for Markoff

Very interesting! We had a Muntz TV when I was a kid!:)

Ed ( another old fart, LOL);)