vip722k slow to respond with 1 remote

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

merk

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Mar 8, 2010
Los Angeles, CA
for some reason when i use remote #1, the system seems to respond much slower then compared to #2. I press a button on remote 2 and it pretty much responds instantly. i press a button on remote 1 and sometimes i'm not even sure if i pressed the button because the delay is so long. sometimes i wind up pressing the button a 2nd time and then whatever it was i was waiting for goes through, and then the 2nd press goes through so i have to backup.

anyone know why it's behaving this way? both remotes are radio/ir remotes.

try a different address or try a different IR remote if you have one. I don't care for the 20.0 remote as other older models seem to respond better

I have had the same problem with both 722K remotes "1" and "2". What I have done is press and hold "O" to enter the system wizard and let it reconfigure the remotes and everything works fine after that. You'll have to do this with both remotes in the same room as the 722 tuner. Don't know what the problem is, but it has worked for me to get them back working as they should.

so just press zero on the remote to enter the system wizard? i'll give that a try and see how it goes.

I thought it might be interference, but i don't see how that would cause it to respond slowly. I'd assume if it was interference, it just wouldn't respond at all.

Yes. That's what I did. Both my remotes have done this since initial install on 6/30. Sometimes it is #1, other times it is #2. Must be some kind of glitch in the programming, but the system wizard has cleared it up for me.

so how long does it take for the system wizard to actually do something? because it's been sitting at the entering system wizard screen for a few minutes, and then it just went away. Is it supposed to do anything beyond that?

for some reason when i use remote #1, the system seems to respond much slower then compared to #2. I press a button on remote 2 and it pretty much responds instantly. i press a button on remote 1 and sometimes i'm not even sure if i pressed the button because the delay is so long. sometimes i wind up pressing the button a 2nd time and then whatever it was i was waiting for goes through, and then the 2nd press goes through so i have to backup.

anyone know why it's behaving this way? both remotes are radio/ir remotes.

This is a bug introduced with the latest L662 software. The solution I found for two of my 722k's is to press MENU - MENU - CANCEL - CANCEL on your remote (brings up the "System Info" screen, then removes it.

Works for me every time. Hopefully they'll fix it in the next software release.

Hope this helps.

so how long does it take for the system wizard to actually do something? because it's been sitting at the entering system wizard screen for a few minutes, and then it just went away. Is it supposed to do anything beyond that?

My system never did that. Mine showed a screen indicating "entering system wizard" and after about 30-45 seconds, the screen showed "your remote has been reconfigured" and it worked after that. Maybe the "menu-menu-cancel-cancel" will work for you. I will try that next time. That may be easier than the system wizard.

Oh, so there's no menu of settings or anything when you do the system wizard? Does the message go away on it's own after a while? cuz after a while i stopped looking at the screen. So maybe it did finish and i just missed it when it said it finished reconfiguring. I never used the system wizard before - i assumed it would go into some sort of menu of settings.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)