Vip722K to Hopper3?

Thanks KitKat. I moved a line from port 2 to port 1. Left port 3 connected. Added cap to LNB In.

Hopper is in the installation phase and stuck on the acquiring satellite signals page. I don’t think I’ve moved the dish at all, and the existing 722 (connected directly to port 3) is still showing picture.

Port 1 is into the blue and line to hopper connected to purple. I’ve reset the test and it verifies switch, gets past that and then spins on acquiring satellites.

Any other ideas?

Did you install a Hybrid LNB or DPH42 switch?

Reactions: GeeFarce
Did you install a Hybrid LNB or DPH42 switch?
Western arc triple hybrid LNB. I have a hybrid solo switch as well. I currently have port 1 connected to ODU port of solo switch, and port 3 is to old 722 (to make sure I didn’t screw up aiming dish). I’ve since disconnected the cable for port 3 inside near receiver, as I remember riding you guys say you can’t have both on same. The cable is still connected to LNB but detached inside house.

D2BEB622-1A06-4F2E-BE51-2878974F2474.jpeg
It stays on this screen forever. Once it got past the verifying switch and said it was trying to get satellite, but since all I get is this...either 10 min remaining, or 6 min. Never times out, never gives error message etc.

Western arc triple hybrid LNB. I have a hybrid solo switch as well. I currently have port 1 connected to ODU port of solo switch, and port 3 is to old 722 (to make sure I didn’t screw up aiming dish). I’ve since disconnected the cable for port 3 inside near receiver, as I remember riding you guys say you can’t have both on same. The cable is still connected to LNB but detached inside house.
A hybrid LNB only has TWO ports and an input.

Reactions: GeeFarce
A hybrid LNB only has TWO ports and an input.
Yep, that port 3 is an input for a wing dish. Also, don't cap anything on the LNBF. Do you have a barrel you can use to bypass the Hub and make it a direct line From the LNB to the Hopper? Also, I'm going to give you a little heads up. Once you DO get past the check switch, it'll go to the activation screen. Leave it, don't activate. In about 5 minutes it'll show a scroll bar and say it's downloading software. Once that's done, it'll o to the Summary screen where you can choose to pair to TV, connect to Internet, etc.

Now, on the remote, the left arrow button is called the skip back button (Skips back 10 seconds when watching TV or a recording). Press Skip Back, Recall, Skip Back and it'll exit that page, then press home til you get to the Diagnostics Screen. It'll say Diagnostics in the top left corner. Drop down to Tools, then then over to Update Software and press that, then walk away for about 30 minutes. When it's done, it'll be back on the Summary Screen. Now reboot and activate and with the newest software, you'll have bypassed the potential for Joeys not showing live TV, etc....

So I don’t have the hybrid solo switch actually grounded, it’s just got the 4 coax connected. Does it have to be grounded to work correctly?

Yep, that port 3 is an input for a wing dish. Also, don't cap anything on the LNBF. Do you have a barrel you can use to bypass the Hub and make it a direct line From the LNB to the Hopper? Also, I'm going to give you a little heads up. Once you DO get past the check switch, it'll go to the activation screen. Leave it, don't activate. In about 5 minutes it'll show a scroll bar and say it's downloading software. Once that's done, it'll o to the Summary screen where you can choose to pair to TV, connect to Internet, etc.

Now, on the remote, the left arrow button is called the skip back button (Skips back 10 seconds when watching TV or a recording). Press Skip Back, Recall, Skip Back and it'll exit that page, then press home til you get to the Diagnostics Screen. It'll say Diagnostics in the top left corner. Drop down to Tools, then then over to Update Software and press that, then walk away for about 30 minutes. When it's done, it'll be back on the Summary Screen. Now reboot and activate and with the newest software, you'll have bypassed the potential for Joeys not showing live TV, etc....

KitKat, I have a cable coming in from dish to hub, can’t I just connect the cable to the hopper directly? I don’t need a coupler, or barrel, right? Last night I moved the hopper to the media cabinet so that I could bypass much of house’s coax lines in case there was some splitter in the wall or something. I’ll try connecting directly to the hopper and bypassing the switch. I was also thinking of just taking the hopper outside next to the dish and trying to connect there (with/without the switch) to verify if it can connect at all or not.

I was on with dish support for an hour last night and they were adamant I had to setup the joeys before getting through the hopper satellite acquisition screen. I didn’t understand that except maybe they were thinking I don’t know how to screw in a coax cable.

The joeys went through their update, and got registered. Then they are showing they can’t get to hopper 1303 error, which tech expected. So I don’t know if that will mess with the software update process you’re recommending...but it’s already done, so not sure if I can do anything about that.

Lastly I’ll disconnect the cap on the LNB In, and will try the other items to narrow down the issue.

Thanks again for all the help! I love projects like this and debugging things so it’s fun for me.

There are 3 ports on this LNB and an LNB In.

This is what I bought:
https://www.google.com/aclk?sa=L&ai...wi03ZD8l_rfAhXpjFQKHaLZAAsQwg96BAgTEAk&adurl=

I have port 1 connected to the hybrid solo switch, and port 3 to a vip722k. The LNB came with a cap in the box so I put it on the LNB in port.

Maybe I learned to count in a different class, but I see 2 outputs and 1 input. When a Hopper 3 is connected to port 1, it disables port 2

Yeah, run a direct line from Lnbf to hopper and see it check switch passes. And no, Joeys do not need to be connected first. That’s just silly

Maybe I learned to count in a different class, but I see 2 outputs and 1 input. When a Hopper 3 is connected to port 1, it disables port 2

Yeah, run a direct line from Lnbf to hopper and see it check switch passes. And no, Joeys do not need to be connected first. That’s just silly

Yes I see what you mean. I need to look again at my LNB as I’m super sure it has 4 ports, and that picture has 3. Perhaps they sent me the wrong LNB and that’s why it won’t connect?

Reactions: JSheridan
That's a sure bet... If it isn't a hybrid its not going to work...
This is what they sent despite the order link I posted above..l.i think it’s the same as what I have now....

Attachments

• BB1B3E7B-27E8-4D44-AB5D-EF879704A248.jpeg
    BB1B3E7B-27E8-4D44-AB5D-EF879704A248.jpeg
    61.8 KB · Views: 130

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)