vip722k wont turn on, old reciever did the same thing

waltah

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Aug 22, 2009
NE Ohio
came down tot he dvr this morning to find that it wasnt responding to the remote. tv1 light it green, no other light son the reciever. reset didnt fix it. had to unplug it and plug it back in to get it to function. this is the second time it has happened. my vip722 did this too????

scratch that, still the same issue even after unplugging it and plugging it back in.

this is the exact issue the old reciever had. what could be causing this? im beginning to think something else is at play here. it only happens when the dvr is sitting without use for a few hours. then i go to watch tv and its just a black screen, dvr shows tv1 light green, wont respond to anything. it will reset when you hit the button on the dvr but comes back to the same issue.

now i cant get the damn thing to turn on at all. there is plentiful ventilation, etc, etc..

Just a dumb suggestion but if it's plugged into a surge protector pull the plug and plug it directly into the outlet.:confused: Or if you can, a different outlet. Good luck bud!

Ed

its plugged into a surge protector/battery back up. no other electronics are having issues plugged into this thing, thats whats so weird.

Sometimes on my 722k I have problems with it responding to the remote control. I go to the receiver , open the door on the right and hit select on the box and it will turn on and then usually respond to the remote control once again.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts