VIP722s Sling

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

shaudods

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
May 27, 2008
georgia
I was having problems with my VIP622 box... namely the fairly common problem of having the box freeze and reboot when i would try to edit or delete a timer... anyways, i was chatting online with a TS rep at dish about the problem. He suggested that if I ended up having to replace the box, that I should upgrade to a 722. I told him that I'd rather save the money and wait for the 722 sling to come out and asked if there was any word about when that would happen... he basically responded with "interesting strategy", mentioned something about trying not to lose his job, and then awkwardly changed the subject! We continued with troubleshooting my current 622 problem (which we fixed with a software update)... but before he ended the chat he said, and I quote "make sure to keep your eyes peeled around the holidays this year!" I can only assume that he was implying that the new 722 sling boxes would possibly be released for the holiday season? Anybody have any more info about when this may happen, and if so, how much it may cost to upgrade to one? I cant wait! I would use those features daily!

Thanks!

I'd be surprised if it was that early, but who knows. Scott said that the name has been changed to the 922. And I believe he said that it was going to be demo'd at CES (which is the beg of January), so I doubt we'll see it available before that...

I just ran across this earlier today...

I don't know if it is okay to post a link to another site, but since the article itself guides you back to Satellite Guys, I figured it was okay. He did some finangling and found "sling" in the IP address somewhere...

Ok - I can't post the link...but it's on kahuaburger - I was searching for DVR online scheduling and he had a recent post on it....

Anywho...I've never looked at a boot up sequence, but it is interesting nonetheless!

Oh I am VERY SURE that if your a Slinigbox owner you are really going to want a 922 when they are released next year. ;)

Take a listen to last weeks Podcast as I interviewed Sling and we talked about the new SlingBox Pro HD, Slingcatcher and we also discussed the new Echostar box breifly as well.

It is going to be an AMAZING box.

That's my big question. What is teh 922 going to do that a 722 and a slingbox doesn't do right now?

Alot, I could say more but the folks from Sling would kill me. :D

Look for my reports here and at MultiChannel.COM for my reports from Dish Networks Team Summit. ;)

Leave the Super Size orders to the TSRs.

Q1-Q2 09 would be my guess. At any rate...pretty box. Pretty remote. And a price tag that makes the Spruce Goose look like a plane ticket.

Leave the Super Size orders to the TSRs.

Q1-Q2 09 would be my guess. At any rate...pretty box. Pretty remote. And a price tag that makes the Spruce Goose look like a plane ticket.

You know something about price that we might want to know? :)

I guess I'd have to wait until Q3 to upgrade, to get past my one year DIU. They've already waived that once for me.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts