Visible (Verizon) one month for $5

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

comfortably_numb

Dogs have owners, cats have staff
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Nov 30, 2011
Kansas City / Las Vegas
If anyone is tempted to try them out, use my friend code, 33ZHFNT. You'll get your first month of service for only $5

Unlimited 5G on Verizon's network
Unlimited hotspot
Wifi calling
VoLTE

I'll be curious to see if Verizon mashes Visible together with Tracfone at some point down the road.
it will be interesting to see if verizon starts closing down stores and going all self serve.. i have no issues with that as long as i can call into support. unlike visible where it's chat only. i am also willing to bet that visible don't offer off network roaming for the travlers!!!

it will be interesting to see if verizon starts closing down stores and going all self serve.. i have no issues with that as long as i can call into support. unlike visible where it's chat only. i am also willing to bet that visible don't offer off network roaming for the travlers!!!
I expect Verizon will be offering incentives to convert some Tracfone subscribers from pre to post paid customers, and the stores could be an integral part of that effort. Visible has been Verizon towers only from the start, and I expect it will remain that way. That hasn't caused us any issues that I'm aware of.

willing to bet that visible don't offer off network roaming for the travlers!!!

My settings say "Data roaming on" in 2 separate places, but I've not seen it in roam yet-

427F96A7-60BD-4E21-9E16-AAD7D23FE8B6.jpeg

Reactions: John2021
Does Visible owner Verizon have coverage there?
The people with Verizon are always grousing about horrible battery life since the radio needs to run at high power to maintain contact with the towers. We’re almost 8 miles from one tower and 10 from another.

We were looking at getting a professional cellular repeater installed that would support AT&T and T-Mobile (GSM). But the old Corporate mobile company was T-Mobile, so it’s up in the air who the new Corporate choice will be. Plus, 5G wasn’t a thing the last time we did the study.

Does anyone here have Visible as their primary cell phone provider? I've read a lot from people who use it for hotspot in their RV travels etc. Just wondering if it's reliable for voice and text, not so worried about data. Thanks.

Service is reliable in my experience although I had it installed as a secondary service on my iPhone. Customer service is terrible. Was unable to transfer the service to my new iPhone today. The latest iPhone did away with physical SIMs. Transferring the service via eSIM while sorta documented simply doesn’t work for most from my online searches. No response from my attempts at chat. Alternative methods are Twitter and Facebook. Nope. Canceled my account and signed up instead for Mint to try out instead.

Reactions: rvvaquero
It must be a Verizon thing since Apple tried to make it easy to transfer your old iPhone celluar account to an iPhone 14 eSIM:

It must be a Verizon thing since Apple tried to make it easy to transfer your old iPhone celluar account to an iPhone 14 eSIM:

My primary AT&T account transferred effortlessly. I had previously moved the physical SIM to an eSIM on my previous phone. It was a Visible thing for sure. Not sure about a Verizon account.

Yesterday, when I signed up for the visible trail period, it took forever to activate the esim on my iPhone. I had to restart the app a half dozen times as it would freeze up. Finally got it done.

I've been playing with visible quite a bit since then. At times, speeds are excellent to good, about half of what my Verizon sim delivers. At other times, visible speeds are unusable.

For example, at 6:20 am, I could not access any online app, speedtest showed about .10 Mbps. Five minutes later, I got speedtest of about 5 Mbps and data was very usable. Ten minutes pass, and I recorded 50+ Mbps.

So, according to every source I've found, voice is prioritized over data by every carrier and MVNO. How about text? Does text use data and subject to deprioritized data speeds? I don't use iMessage, which I understand does use data but only between Apple products.

Bottom line, I don't use much data on my phone. So, I can live without reliable data, but I need reliable voice and text. The new visible plan is $30, or just $25 on PayPal. I can add my watch for $5. All prices include taxes and fees. It's very tempting.

Thanks for feedback.

On Edit: Maybe I should not consider this as my primary provider. Visible is rated "Bad" with 1.4 / 5 on Trustpilot

Last edited:
Transferring the service via eSIM while sorta documented simply doesn’t work for most from my online searches

Never had an issue using e-sim with Visible. My daughter has been using the service for almost a year, and I'm planning on jumping to the new $45 plan in a couple of months.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 4)