Visible (Verizon) one month for $5

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Never had an issue using e-sim with Visible. My daughter has been using the service for almost a year, and I'm planning on jumping to the new $45 plan in a couple of months.

When I first installed it about a year ago the app wouldn't install the eSIM on my iPhone. I finally ordered a physical SIM and it worked just fine. Newest iPhone is eSIM only. Found a lot of people in their support forums having the same problems and not able to get through to support. The service seemed to work OK the year I had it but the support issue was it for me. Ported my number over to Mint and that worked just fine. Guess now I can compare T-Mobile's coverage around here.

Reactions: comfortably_numb
Later today, I'm going to sign up for the new $45 Visible plan on an e-sim and compare the experience to my postpaid Verizon service. I'll report back with my findings.

I might be tempted if I didn’t work in the middle of the cornfields. Evidently the “Can you hear me now?” guy never made it into the corn.
You can say that again. My daughter departed my T-Mobile family plan to get a "cheap" new iPhone. Before that the whole family could drive all over the area and never was a voice call choppy or missing whole words. After she moved to Verizon, it was dropping all the time! Drove us both crazy. I used to joke, "Yeah, I can hear you now, I just can't understand you!" That was back in their CDMA days.

When I first installed it about a year ago the app wouldn't install the eSIM on my iPhone. I finally ordered a physical SIM and it worked just fine. Newest iPhone is eSIM only. Found a lot of people in their support forums having the same problems and not able to get through to support. The service seemed to work OK the year I had it but the support issue was it for me. Ported my number over to Mint and that worked just fine. Guess now I can compare T-Mobile's coverage around here.

Additional thought. Both times I had issues with eSIMs with Visible it was on a brand new iPhone model. I think they just aren't as quick to keep the app updated.

I had no issues with the service once it was installed.

They're now offering a 15-day free trial, no credit card required. PS- I think a lot of the initial setup issues people are experiencing are due to them entering IMEI1 instead of IMEI2 (the e-sim IMEI).

Untitled.png

Reactions: dfergie
I'll be curious to see if Verizon mashes Visible together with Tracfone at some point down the road.
Visible lacks the name recognition that Tracfone has and that's a deal breaker. Even Tracfone's other brands (Net 10, Straight Talk, etc.) command better familiarity.

I'm guessing they have something else in mind for Visible.

Visible lacks the name recognition that Tracfone has and that's a deal breaker. Even Tracfone's other brands (Net 10, Straight Talk, etc.) command better familiarity.

I'm guessing they have something else in mind for Visible.
Visible was created by Verizon and Tracfone is owned by Verizon, so I'm not quite sure what your concerns are.

So far, speed tests are identical on the new $45 Visible plan when compared to my Verizon postpaid plan. In fact, when I opened my Verizon app last night, it asked me which number I wanted to manage. Like there was literally no difference in carrier (except the cost). I'll post comparative speed tests later. I can save over $55 a month by switching to this new plan.

Visible was created by Verizon and Tracfone is owned by Verizon, so I'm not quite sure what your concerns are.
I'm not particularly concerned. I'm just wondering why Verizon felt compelled to offer their own prepaid plan when Tracfone already had nine or ten of them.

Reactions: Foxbat
I'm not particularly concerned. I'm just wondering why Verizon felt compelled to offer their own prepaid plan when Tracfone already had nine or ten of them.
Verizon started Visible in 2019 before the Tracfone deal was agreed to in 2020. At this point, Verizon is still operating Tracfone as a separate entity, and has just announced yet another pre-paid service, "Total by Verizon". I expect somewhere along the way, Verizon will start consolidating some services, but as long as they're all profitable, there's probably no rush.

I expect somewhere along the way, Verizon will start consolidating some services, but as long as they're all profitable, there's probably no rush.
Tracfone's monthly plans are a fairly new innovation as well. What Tracfone brings to the party is the ability to go to your local department store and buy everything you need. Somehow I doubt that Visible is creating a new flood of customers into the Verizon stores in the same way.

Tracfone's monthly plans are a fairly new innovation as well. What Tracfone brings to the party is the ability to go to your local department store and buy everything you need. Somehow I doubt that Visible is creating a new flood of customers into the Verizon stores in the same way.
Visible is offered online only. Tracfone has been around since 1996, so it shouldn't be a surprise that they have the larger customer base and better brand recognition. The new "Total by Verizon" service is a blend of Visible and Tracfone elements, and will be offered in stores as well as online.

Visible is offered online only. Tracfone has been around since 1996, so it shouldn't be a surprise that they have the larger customer base and better brand recognition. The new "Total by Verizon" service is a blend of Visible and Tracfone elements, and will be offered in stores as well as online.

"Total by Verizon" makes the bonehead mistake of not leveraging either platform's name familiarity. It would appear that Verizon is just flinging things at the wall to see if anything sticks.

This just makes it more pointless. Getting someone to visit a website isn't the same as getting them into your storefront.

It's meant to be a low-cost prepaid option. The ability to have the exact same plan you'd pay $90 for, but for only $45. Eliminating brick & mortar stores and labor overhead makes that possible.

Reactions: NYDutch
It's meant to be a low-cost prepaid option. The ability to have the exact same plan you'd pay $90 for, but for only $45. Eliminating brick & mortar stores and labor overhead makes that possible.
The stupidity here is that they already offer cheaper better established options at a cheaper price point. I've used Tracfone prepaid for years at it costs me around $130 per year and I can get a modest new Android phone every year (currently using the Samsung A12). Of course my service isn't unlimited but it serves me.

What gasses me is that they talk about $30 plans but that's for multiple lines only.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 4)