Visible (Verizon) one month for $5

The stupidity here is that they already offer cheaper better established options at a cheaper price point. I've used Tracfone prepaid for years at it costs me around $130 per year and I can get a modest new Android phone every year (currently using the Samsung A12). Of course my service isn't unlimited but it serves me.

What gasses me is that they talk about $30 plans but that's for multiple lines only.
Visible offers unlimited everything for $30. That's for one line with no other lines on the account. I'm grandfathered on their "Party Pay" $25 plan with unlimited everything, also for a single line. Tracfone offers no unlimited everything plans.

Reactions: comfortably_numb
No, they don't. The $45 Visible plan is the only prepaid offering at that price point that has LTE, 5G, 5G UW, with unlimited premium (unthrottled) data on Verizon's network.
Do you suppose that someone who subscribes to Visible is all that concerned about 5G UW and all the trappings?

Nothing, 1 gig of data and unlimited text and talk. had it for two years now.
I have Spectrum Internet at our Adirondack cottage, and they've never made me a stand alone offer like that. The offers have always been bundle dependent for the best price. Been with them for various services since before the TWC days.

I understand, but it is the only internet I can get here, and the service is great for 69 bucks a month. Never found a phone service out here that worked in the sticks. When they started their phone service I was skeptical for the price. But the assured me their main carrier was verizon, but will hit any carrier available if verizon is out of range. For two years my bill has been $14.99 and I have signal when traveling in the western NC mountains with now problems.

I understand, but it is the only internet I can get here, and the service is great for 69 bucks a month. Never found a phone service out here that worked in the sticks. When they started their phone service I was skeptical for the price. But the assured me their main carrier was verizon, but will hit any carrier available if verizon is out of range. For two years my bill has been $14.99 and I have signal when traveling in the western NC mountains with now problems.
Spectrum is a Verizon MVNO, so Visible should work there just as well. I just checkd, and bundled with Internet, they do show a $14 unlimited talk and text, 1 GB plan at $14/mo. That 1 GB is nowhere near enough for my usage. I didn't see how much of it, if any, can be used for hotspotting. They do show a $30 unlimited talk, text, and data plan, again bundled with Internet, but the speeds are limited after 20 GB, also making it a bad fit for me. It's not uncommon that I'll hit 250 GB a month with my Visible hotspot.

Well I personally think it is a great deal, much better than $100 bucks a month to sprint.
NYDutch, 14 bucks for each additional gig. It works for me because I only talk and text on the phone. Have multiple PC's at work and home that these old eyes can see.

Well I personally think it is a great deal, much better than $100 bucks a month to sprint.
NYDutch, 14 bucks for each additional gig. It works for me because I only talk and text on the phone. Have multiple PC's at work and home that these old eyes can see.
Yes, $14 per additional GB, so just one GB extra makes Spectrum cell service more expensive than my current Visible plan with unlimited data. As I said, I do have Spectrum's Internet service at our family cottage, but only because it's the only game in town besides cell service. I pay $15/mo there, for a grandfathered 30 Mbps plan.

I do have Spectrum's Internet service at our family cottage, but only because it's the only game in town besides cell service. I pay $15/mo there, for a grandfathered 30 Mbps plan.

Spectrum has a $15 month data plan here also, but you have to pass the means testing to get it.

Head's up- while my daughter's Visible plan is working well, when I went to port my number from Verizon over to my "test" Visible $45 plan account earlier, I hit a snag.

Data works, outgoing calls work. Incoming calls either get a busy signal, silence, or "Welcome to Verizon Wireless. The number you have called has been changed or disconnected." Customer Care chat tried to re-provision the e-sim, didn't work. Still in chat with them trying to get it to work now.

Edit: they are escalating to "Tier 2." If they lose my phone number I'm going to be royally pissed.

Last edited:
  • Sad
Reactions: NYDutch
No update from Tier 2. I need to be able to accept incoming calls for business, so I ported my number to Boost for their new $100/year plan on ATT's network. I will open a new Visible Plus account and use it for my cellular data. In effect, voice on ATT, data on Verizon.

No update from Tier 2. I need to be able to accept incoming calls for business, so I ported my number to Boost for their new $100/year plan on ATT's network. I will open a new Visible Plus account and use it for my cellular data. In effect, voice on ATT, data on Verizon.
I clicked on the link you provided for Boost and it takes me to a page to see if my "location qualifies". I entered the information and it doesn't do anything. I hope their service works better than their website.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 3)

Latest posts