Visionsat 200IV manual ?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

alteng

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Oct 15, 2007
I had to pretty much abandon FTA for a year or so due to other commitments, and when I returned (today) I found that Visionsat is no more....gone...deceased...an ex-company (as in the Monty Python Parrot sketch). I'm not too surprised after seeing the website they had when I bought the receiver, but it's not a happy thing to see no support from the company - not even a manual download link or company website (of any kind). Does anyone know what happened to them? Swallowed by a black hole perhaps? Having made my mini-rant, I'm wondering if someone can please provide a download link to the manual and the last available firmware upgrade files? I tried a quick search of the forum (and net) but didn't find that stuff. Looks like a bad ending for a unit that looked promising when purchased. Same old story it seems : "give me your money ... now go away".

Visionsat IV-200:

You'll find the story and the latest firmware (1.45 if I recall) in the review thread.

The manual may be there; it's not in our manual archive.
Having read it, I can't say it was really worth the effort, so you're not missing much.
The buttons are pretty much self-explanatory, and the unit works quite well.

I'd still rate it as one of the top five SD FTA STBs, especially if you want one that records.
Of course, I'm somewhat biased. - :rolleyes:

good news..

Thanks guys. Glad to hear that it's still considered a decent receiver. My manual has disappeared and I didn't use it enough before going walkabout for a year or so. My main need now is codes and info for the remote. Come to think of it, the remote I received didn't quite match the one in the original manual. As I remember it there were issues (with mine) regarding the record mode - things didn't work quite as explained in the manual. There are lots of other things I also need to look up after such a long time away, mainly stuff regarding recording, which I never did much of. I did manage to get a mem stick going on it, but never recorded much. All the basic stuff is no problem. In fact, the system is still receiving OK after all that time (it was on a UPS). I didn't expect the dish to withstand numerous bumps w/o realignment - go figure. If I had been relying on it it would have crashed the first time I looked at it. :D I'm sure I still have the manual on PDF, somewhere in my huge trove of DVDs.... but where. BTW, it looks like I don't have myself subscribed to this thread so that explains my late replies. I need to go in and find out where the subscribe button is located. Then I need to dive back in and see what I've been missing on the forum. Glad to see the forum is still churning merrily away! Thanks again!

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)