Visionsat IV-200 Model Blowout - Satellite AV

Status
Please reply by conversation.
i was thinking about buying a pansat, how does this compare to that?

sorry, my signature is different, just trying to alert people about our satellite network.

-Rob

I have both a Pansat 2700 and the Visionsat IV-200, and I like the 2700 but prefer the Visionsat. Both have good blind scan capability and motor control, but the Visionsat has more features, connection options, and of course the PVR functionality.

I have a question regarding the PVR capabilities: I'm assuming I will not be able to watch the 4:2:2 and HD feeds (ex. PBS HD on AMC3). But will this box still be able to record those particular streams onto the USB external hard drive, and then connect it later to my computer for playback?

I'm a Linux user, so I wonder if anyone has suggested to Visionsat that they offer a setup option that would allow recording compatibility with a HD that has been formatted with one of the standard Linux formats such as "ext * "? I haven't had time to delve into the problem much, but offhand it would appear that such a feature would greatly simplify things for Linux users (there are many Linux users, and growing). I know there are ways that Linux can read windows formats such as fat32, but as far as I can see it's a pain to swap back and forth often. Anyone have any info or thoughts on this issue? I 'd like to take advantage of this offer, but I'd feel much better if I knew Visionsat was working on a software update that would allow the use of Linux formats on the HD.... or at least considering it.

Has anyone gotten the PVR to work with any USB drive other than a flash stick or Western Digital brand external hard drive?

I tried Rosewill, Kingwin and Adaptec drive cases on WD PATA and SATA drives. They don't work.

Only 40 units are remaining ........

Once this stock is gone, the VisionSat IV-200 will be history. This extremely popular model has been discontinued by the manufacturer. :(

Has anyone gotten the PVR to work with any USB drive other than a flash stick or Western Digital brand external hard drive?

I tried Rosewill, Kingwin and Adaptec drive cases on WD PATA and SATA drives. They don't work.

Worked with WD 28GB PATA drive in an external case, don't remember the brand...till I got a Toshiba 2.5" 120GB and placed it in a Bytecc case (HD2-SU).

Only 40 units are remaining ........

Once this stock is gone, the VisionSat IV-200 will be history. This extremely popular model has been discontinued by the manufacturer. :(

Brian,

Assuming that "extremely popular" = lots of units sold and still selling, that doesn't seem to make much sense, do you know the story behind this deal?

:confused:

A new model is being introduced, so the existing inventory of a product needs to be liquidated.

We were simply giving the SatelliteGuys inside information on how many items were left before we no longer have access to the stock. Whatever stock is left tomorrow will be returned to the manufacturer and we will no longer offer the product.

Brian,

Assuming that "extremely popular" = lots of units sold and still selling, that doesn't seem to make much sense, do you know the story behind this deal?

:confused:

A new model is being introduced, so the existing inventory of a product needs to be liquidated.

We were simply giving the SatelliteGuys inside information on how many items were left before we no longer have access to the stock. Whatever stock is left tomorrow will be returned to the manufacturer and we will no longer offer the product.

Thanks, Brian, hope the new ones are even better than the IV-200 and you sell a bunch. I'm sure you'll let us know the specs on the new model ASAP.

And please keep the SatGuy's Specials coming!!!! :up

Why I this still being promoted by the vendor? I called this morning at their opening on the west coast and was advised they were all sold out of this unit!!

Sorry about the incorrect information! We will extend this offer through close of business on Friday afternoon, 4pm, PDT.

The warehouse thought that we were out this morning and a few callers were told that we were out.

Why I this still being promoted by the vendor? I called this morning at their opening on the west coast and was advised they were all sold out of this unit!!

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts