Visionsat IV-200 Model Blowout - Satellite AV

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

SatelliteAV

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Lifetime Supporter
Sep 3, 2004
Roseville, CA

Exclusive offer for SatelliteGuys Members

Satellite AV
Model BLOWOUT !

Special is valid on Telephone Orders or Web Based Orders placed through 5pm PDT, August 28th, 2008

Only $87 CLICK HERE to purchase

• Brand New Units with all factory warranties
  • Shipping Charge will be deducted prior to processing the Credit Card Charge for US and Canadian orders
  • Packages will be shipped via FedEx or USPS Priority Service at the discretion of Satellite AV
  • Model Closeout Special - When they are gone .......... they will be gone forever!
* Any shipping charges added to the online cart will be removed before charging your card.

If you have not previously registered on our site, we will need for you to call our customer support department to set-up an account. Our site shopping cart is not playing nice!

Monday - Thursday, 8 am - 5 pm and Friday 8 am - 4 pm, Pacific Time

Last edited:
Davage -

Where have you been. ? :rolleyes:

Read the review... and look at all the people who've got it in their signature.

For the last year, it's been one of the top three or four receivers recommended to newbies who ask what hardware to get.

Wow! It really is a PVR too? This deal seems too good to be true!

no its not. I just ordered mine :) For a deal that good on a box that works that good I have to get another one

Talked to Sam and he laughed because they just got the promo code for it :D

I've been in a daze somewhere I guess.. I've ordered one. I had intended on waiting for the card swap to be done on Bell/Dish before I was going to buy any more FTA gear because I figured that I could get the equipment for pennies on the dollar, but this deal was too good to pass on. I did manage to control myself and only ordered 1..

I've been in a daze somewhere I guess..
Well, at least you weren't under a rock.
That's my excuse - :up - :D

Now keep on the lookout for a nice external USB 2 hard drive.
A few months back, I got a Western Digital 500gb for $79 I think it was.
Prices are falling as bigger drives come out. Not sure it'll take bigger than 500, though.
So, 500gb @ $79 should be easy to find today.
No point in wasting your money on anything much smaller.

Easy to make DVDs from the video, too.
I routinely edit out commercials with VideoReDo.
And for those crazy enough, we can even put edited video back onto the hard drive, if you want it to become your poor-man's media player. :cool:

Oh, and I'm not buying any receivers... see my signature.
I was already well ahead of the curve. - :rolleyes: - :up

Any special code needed?

I try to order it on-line via their Web site and it has a different price.

They are close now, so I guess I'll call on Monday and find out.

I think they will fix the price once you order it. Remember, this is a satguys special so if they change the price on the site then everyone would get it ;)

When I called Sam told me $115 and I told him it was the satelliteguys.us special and he added the discount code to it

no its not. I just ordered mine :) For a deal that good on a box that works that good I have to get another one

Talked to Sam and he laughed because they just got the promo code for it :D

When I clicked on the link to the item, it says

"The Visionsat IV 200 PVR Plus is an incredible feature packed FTA (Free to Air) satellite receiver with PVR (Personal Video Recorder) function.... Records over 400 hours of high quality digital satellite television or thousands of hours of satellite radio programming onto a single 500GB external drive."

Does this mean it has the PVR capabilities, if I provide my own hard drive? From the description on the website it sounds to me like this will have a pvr... Is there any way of hooking this receiver up to pick up the Dish network subscription channels that I do have a subscriuption for? I am NOT talking about stealing service here, I do have a Dish account. I am looking into getting into FTA since I have a few Dish'es laying around the house and have very good line of sight in my new house. This seems like a great way to get into FTA cheaply, correct?

Does this mean it has the PVR capabilities, if I provide my own hard drive?
correct. You supply the drive. I use to use a 2GB thumb drive but upgraded to a 320GB HDD

Is there any way of hooking this receiver up to pick up the Dish network subscription channels that I do have a subscriuption for? I am NOT talking about stealing service here, I do have a Dish account.
no. You can get a few of the free channels like NASA and Angel One but thats it

I am looking into getting into FTA since I have a few Dish'es laying around the house and have very good line of sight in my new house. This seems like a great way to get into FTA cheaply, correct?
you would need a 30" dish and a KU Band LNB but its a great receiver for FTA and the price ya can't beat

Does anyone have a link for FTA channels that are available? I would like to jump onboard too if there is a good selection.

Here's some specific programming on the Equity Broadcasting RTN stations.
Here's another tidbit for those who like older movies: Whitesprings

While you are ordering your receiver, if you don't have a dish, SatAV has a nice 90cm (36") which is very popular.
And any linear LNB will work, but this Universal Mini is quite inexpensive.

edit: oh, click on SatelliteAV's eBay Special link at the bottom of his posting, above.
You might be surprised! - :up

Last edited:
Sorry about the bad link. We have corrected to connect to the SatelliteGuys Special.

We have an unlimited amount of IV-200 units through next Wednesday, but have been told that the stock will be leaving our warehouse on Thursday.

This has been my favorite personal use SD STB for the past year. Great motor control and accurate blind scans.

Always love to bring you guys a deal!

This is an absolutely incredible deal, way too good to pass up. These are serious receivers, I would say up there with the best you can get in the standard definition, non-S2 world.

What are they coming out with to replace it? Will the new model have HD and/or S2 capabilities? I'd love to see such an animal :)

you would need a 30" dish and a KU Band LNB but its a great receiver for FTA and the price ya can't beat

Hey, thanks for the info so far! The 2 dishes I have laying around are Dish Netork 500's. Can I not put another LNB on one of these and pick up FTA signals?

I think they will fix the price once you order it. Remember, this is a satguys special so if they change the price on the site then everyone would get it ;)

When I called Sam told me $115 and I told him it was the satelliteguys.us special and he added the discount code to it

Thank you Iceberg :)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts