Vista biggest dissapointment of 2007

Status
Not open for further replies.
"We have no doubt Vista will come to dominate the PC landscape, if only because it will become increasingly hard to buy a new machine that doesn't have it pre-installed. And that's disappointing in its own right. "

That sums it up and is the only diference between vista and ME.

Don't forget: At Microsoft, quality is job dot-1

Or in more modern terms, wait for the service pack before crucifying it. Doesn't anybody remember the first months of XP?

Don't forget: At Microsoft, quality is job dot-1

Or in more modern terms, wait for the service pack before crucifying it. Doesn't anybody remember the first months of XP?

I disagree on that. The main reasons behind the Xp service packs was security issues that arose, Vista is just plain poorly done. There are numerous compability issues and the features that were supposed to revolutionize the industry are just plain junk. Even Microsoft themselves has announced they are already working on a new system with no known updates for Vista forthcoming.

Many people I know have just went ahead and re-installed XP with servce pack 2 on their drives and don't use Vista.
I recently bought an Imac for my home with Leopard installed and that is SWEET!!

One thing I have found with Vista issues is that due to the way files are loaded on start-up, you have far fewer problems if you never shut your computer off. My IT friend says that on computers that are never shut off, they have fewer Vista issues.

you have far fewer problems if you never shut your computer off. My IT friend says that on computers that are never shut off, they have fewer Vista issues.

That hasn't been my experience. I have programs that don't even open, then I restart and they decide to open. I hate Millennium II, AKA Vista.

Many people I know have just went ahead and re-installed XP with servce pack 2 on their drives and don't use Vista.

That hasn't been my experience. I have programs that don't even open, then I restart and they decide to open. I hate Millennium II, AKA Vista.

Are these upgrades to Vista, or PC's that came pre-loaded? Just curious, because opinions of Vista seem to differ greatly based on the answer to that question.

Windows 7

I'll wait out for Windows 7 that will replace Vista and have new touch features.

I just bought a new desktop from Dell. Fortunately, I had the option of getting either XP or Vista. I chose XP and I'm very happy that I did since talking to others who've had a multitude of problems with Vista.

I have seen no real issues with vista, runs fast and smooth. I had some issues with my upgrade on my desktop, but have smoothed those out and it runs great now. My laptop came pre-installed. No problems at all.

Just like every operating system, there are bugs at first, XP was HATED and had nothing but negative reviews when it came out. Give it time. It's not an Apple product :D

I do have serious problems with setting up a home network with Vista. I find access to files and folders very restrictive and the security setup is different in different parts of the system, making it very difficult to understand.

I only had one issue with Vista since I have if for a year now. It was with X-fire. X-fire corrected the issue and everything is fine. Vista isn't bad it was XP was so damn good.

Exactly, it took XP years to get good. I remember when XP came out, I had friends that said, I'm not going to upgrade, XP has to many bugs, Millienimum is much better!? At the end of the day, XP is now obsolete. Anyone that buys a new PC and puts XP on it is just delaying the enevitable. Vista will be a great system, as its almost there now. And in 2 years when a new system comes out, It will have problems, it will not be compatable with some of your software, and you all will be hanging on to Vista for dear life :)

Exactly, it took XP years to get good. I remember when XP came out, I had friends that said, I'm not going to upgrade, XP has to many bugs, Millienimum is much better!? At the end of the day, XP is now obsolete. Anyone that buys a new PC and puts XP on it is just delaying the enevitable. Vista will be a great system, as its almost there now. And in 2 years when a new system comes out, It will have problems, it will not be compatable with some of your software, and you all will be hanging on to Vista for dear life :)

I remember when XP first came out. Everyone was sick of ME and I was one of the idiots who stood in line at midnight to be the first to buy XP. They promised it to be an easy upgrade with no problems. Well, that was a bunch of crap, I went home excited to do the upgrade and during the upgrade my computer crashed and I lost everything. It took me 2 days to get it all to work again.

Only Microsoft can bring a product to market, make the customer pay extra for it and make the customer wait for upgrades to make it work right, and then come back several years later and sell you another so-called better version.

Vista will be the next system? I thought Windows 7 was going to be. I take it that Microsoft is not going to let Vista users upgrade to Windows 7 despite the issues unless they pay.

Vista will be the next system? I thought Windows 7 was going to be. I take it that Microsoft is not going to let Vista users upgrade to Windows 7 despite the issues unless they pay.

Yes, as far as I been hearing and reading Windows 7 is the replacement for Vista.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)