vizio m series problems with dish network and netflix/Amazon prime.

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

dml13

Original poster
Mar 8, 2021
arizona
I purchased a 70 inch vizio m series tv and am using a dish hopper 3 plugged into HDMI 1. I launch Netflix or Amazon prime fron the hopper and they work. I exit and try to go back in and I get a no signal message. I wait for a few hours and then works one time then no signal again. I plugged in a different tv and it worked fine.

I purchased a 70 inch vizio m series tv and am using a dish hopper 3 plugged into HDMI 1. I launch Netflix or Amazon prime fron the hopper and they work. I exit and try to go back in and I get a no signal message. I wait for a few hours and then works one time then no signal again. I plugged in a different tv and it worked fine.

The Hopper might be changing resolutions and confusing the TV. When you get the no signal message, have you tried going to a different input in the TV and then back to HDMI 1?

I get that message on my Hisense whenever I try to view 4K material. When I pull out the HDMI cable and plug it back in again, then it works. You might try that as a test. I've had an H3 for a long time, and this problem has never been fixed. I attribute this to HDCP nonsense.

Reactions: HipKat
The sticks for roku and amazon are so cheap. Why bother with built-in apps?
Switching inputs and remotes can be a pain, depending. I find this is easy for my Roku TV's, but not so easy for dumb TVs and confusing as hell for my 1st HDTV which is a Westinghouse with automatic input switching. The issue there is certain devices (Dish equipment and FireTV) insist on being always on. :mad: If these devices had an off switch (other than the power cord), it would help. Then there are those of us who run out of HDMI inputs and resort to an HDMI switch with yet another remote. :crying

I launch Netflix or Amazon prime fron the hopper and they work. I exit and try to go back in and I get a no signal message.
You might try:
- seeing what the HDMI CEC settings are on the Hopper and on the TV, and try turning all CEC off.
- pressing SAT on the Hopper remote when the TV is in the No Signal state.
- a different HDMI cable.

The sticks for roku and amazon are so cheap. Why bother with built-in apps?
I agree. The built in apps aren't maintained as well as the stand alone devices. I have a smart BD players and smart TV's that have support dropped on several apps.

• Sad
Reactions: TheKrell
There's a thread about this on the Tech Portal we use, but it's concerning a Samsung TV and the fix was a higher quality HDMI Cable

My old Vizio tv does not do automatic hdmi switch. It takes me 10 seconds to switch from satellite to roku or Amazon stick! The tv has 2 hdmi inputs in the back, where it is impossible to reach. Joey and Bluray/DVD players (I use 2 devices with a splitter) hdmi cables are connected back there. And 2 more hdmi inputs on left side of the tv. One of those inputs has Amazon stick. The last hdmi input is used for Roku stick and laptop with splitter. Why laptop? I have tons of mp4 and VOB movie files in external hard drives. When I am in the mood for a movie, I just change the video input with tv remote. Seconds. Neither splitter has its own power cord. I have never had any issues.

I agree with Bobby regarding hdmi cables. Monoprice is one of the best places for cables, even better than Amazon.

My old Vizio tv does not do automatic hdmi switch. It takes me 10 seconds to switch from satellite to roku or Amazon stick! The tv has 2 hdmi inputs in the back, where it is impossible to reach. Joey and Bluray/DVD players (I use 2 devices with a splitter) hdmi cables are connected back there. And 2 more hdmi inputs on left side of the tv. One of those inputs has Amazon stick. The last hdmi input is used for Roku stick and laptop with splitter. Why laptop? I have tons of mp4 and VOB movie files in external hard drives. When I am in the mood for a movie, I just change the video input with tv remote. Seconds. Neither splitter has its own power cord. I have never had any issues.

I agree with Bobby regarding hdmi cables. Monoprice is one of the best places for cables, even better than Amazon.
And you can buy those Monoprice cables at Amazon. You might save on shipping that way if you are a Prime member.

Reactions: TheKrell and AZ.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)