VLC Media Player for Satellite?

Status
Please reply by conversation.
But what about support for DVB-S2 and other formats not currently supported. Thats what I want added in TSreader, not just driver updates. :)

But what about support for DVB-S2 and other formats not currently supported. Thats what I want added in TSreader, not just driver updates. :)

That's a function of the device driver for your particular tuner card. I use Tsreader all the time for "dvb-s2 and other formats" and have done so for a very long time. If you can't do so, it's not Rod's fault. It's somekind of limitation in the driver or source module for your hardware.

That's a function of the device driver for your particular tuner card. I use Tsreader all the time for "dvb-s2 and other formats" and have done so for a very long time. If you can't do so, it's not Rod's fault. It's somekind of limitation in the driver or source module for your hardware.

Correct. If TSREADER supports your DVB-S2 receiver, then it will show the appropriate options. I've used TSREADER with the TT3200 for a long time on DVB-S2 (although that receiver is very deaf), and recently have started using it on the TeVii S660 USB receiver. Re "other formats", I use my Genpix on DCII and the Turbo-QPSK and Turbo-8PSK modes and on DSS. Also use the Twinhan 1020a on DSS modes. Some of these other modes only show up if you're using an "advanced" receiver.
So yes, I think Rod is updating things like that, as long as he has supported a receiver. Like for example, there were some FEC values missing from the Turbo modes, and he quickly updated to include those last spring.

I'm using VLC with Transedit.

Open Transedit
Analyze the signal
Select the service you wish to view
Instead of hitting preview, do the following:
Open VLC
Under Media select Open Capture Device
Change Capture Mode to DVB Directshow
Set DVB Type as DVB-S
Input Transponder/Multiplex frequency
Input Transponder Symbol Rate
Hit Play

Nope. Neither just doing play nor entering transponder and symbol rate opened VLC for me. Got an error message both times.

What OS as well, linux, OSX, windows. What version of windows ? XP, Vista, 7, is it 32bit or 64bit

you have BDA drivers installed ?

information is power, more information you supply more power people have to help :)

Correct. If TSREADER supports your DVB-S2 receiver, then it will show the appropriate options. I've used TSREADER with the TT3200 for a long time on DVB-S2 (although that receiver is very deaf), and recently have started using it on the TeVii S660 USB receiver. Re "other formats", I use my Genpix on DCII and the Turbo-QPSK and Turbo-8PSK modes and on DSS. Also use the Twinhan 1020a on DSS modes. Some of these other modes only show up if you're using an "advanced" receiver.
So yes, I think Rod is updating things like that, as long as he has supported a receiver. Like for example, there were some FEC values missing from the Turbo modes, and he quickly updated to include those last spring.

And lest we forget Tsreader also support ASI and SPI input devices and includes serial control for some of the more popular commercial receivers like the DSR-4800 for DCII or newtec demods for trellis 8psk. Also the Pro version supports ASI and SPI output, which if one happens to have a dvb-s2 tuner and a DCII receiver with ASI in, opens the door to the new DVB-S2 DCII signals that might happen to be in FP mode. So, when it comes to "other formats", Tsreader is far ahead of any other DVB software.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 3)