VMFSFLHD: MLB Baseball : Florida Marlins at Philadelphia Phillies 10/3 at 1:30pm ET

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Dvlos

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jun 5, 2004
It looks like the channel was activated early, I'm seeing "Marlins ON Deck" the pregame show on channel 341, I take it as a sign tonights game will be HD.

Heh rain delay! I hope they don't shut off the HD feed too early (if there is one tonight!)

Home game in glorious HD Marlins route the Giants 9-1... HD game tomorrow and then they turn it over to PAX, that doesn't do HD here locally. Then we get 2 more home games probably in HD against the ROckies.. I might just go to one of the home games this week.

Dvlos said:
Home game in glorious HD Marlins route the Giants 9-1... HD game tomorrow and then they turn it over to PAX, that doesn't do HD here locally. Then we get 2 more home games probably in HD against the ROckies.. I might just go to one of the home games this week.

That game looked pretty sweet! Good detail, and that 1st Inning was RIDICULOUS!! :eek:

Good Game.

Looks like this homestand will be in HD except for the 1 or 2 games on PAX (now to call PAX and bitch about their Lack of HD transmission!) but the Tampa Bay game was NOT in HD. Does Fox Sports have HD Trucks they travel with, or is it that the Stadium the Marlins are playing in (like San DIego's new park, and Pro Player) are already wired with HD and HD equipment the reason they aired those games in HD but not the TB Lightning?

Well I spoke to a VOom CSR, she said literally, that Fox FSN is pretty much like a local channel, and that I'm not supposed to be getting FSN-FLorida in HD that according to her list that channel doesn't exist.. so I laughed for like 2 minutes.

Oh well PG-less channel 341 for a while it seems. Can't wait for tonights game though.

Freaking Marlins lost, another nice HD game though, I think the final game is on PAX (corny SD local!!!!) Then the Marlins continue the homestand against the Rockies so probably 2 more HD games.

Well Pax does have Digital channels, but I don't think they'd ever make the effort to broadcast HD, even though the same crew does the production for pax.

If a station is broadcasting in Digital does that automatically mean they can broadcast in HD if they had the content? Or would they also have to purchase additional or better equipment on their end to do so?

Also I know the Pro has hosted HD games, does the HD cameras and equipment remain in the Stadium, like the PRo and the new Cox Stadium the Padres use? Or do the individual networks purchase and maintain their own HD equipment? I was under the impression it was the later, with networks that cover sports events needing to buy HD trucks to travel to the events. That's why currently the amount of HD games broadcasted is limited by the amount of trucks that a particular network ownes.

Dvlos said:
If a station is broadcasting in Digital does that automatically mean they can broadcast in HD if they had the content? Or would they also have to purchase additional or better equipment on their end to do so?

Also I know the Pro has hosted HD games, does the HD cameras and equipment remain in the Stadium, like the PRo and the new Cox Stadium the Padres use? Or do the individual networks purchase and maintain their own HD equipment? I was under the impression it was the later, with networks that cover sports events needing to buy HD trucks to travel to the events. That's why currently the amount of HD games broadcasted is limited by the amount of trucks that a particular network ownes.
I believe the answer to the first part is a station needs the proper equipment to broadcast in HD, I say this cause my local NBC has been digital for close to two years now and just switched on their HD capabilitys less than a month ago, of course it could be cost and not many HD sets out yet to warrent that cost until now...
As far as the second part goes, I live close enough from Atlanta to watch the Braves HD broadcast on WTBS and have noticed that when they are away their games so far have not been HD, but now all games from Turner Field are, of course Atlanta is big enough that they probably have more HD trucks available than other citys do, but I'm also sure the stadium has their on HD cameras as well...

Equipment is not kept at the stadiums.

When a stadium is "wired for HD" it just means that it has the proper cables running through the building so all a TV crew is hook the cameras and equipment to one end and connect the other end to their trucks.

The reason that most people do only the Home games in HD. IS that the trucks have been made available on a local basis. Im surprised that the marlins crew has a traveling HD setup.

Wow really, if that's true, it's amazing all the coverage this RSN is doing, I think they've already done more in HD in the first couple weeks then ESPN did in their first year :D I don't think Cablevision's Bay Area has the same output, so I wonder why Florida is doing so well.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts