VO42L PC Pixel Issue

Reignfire

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Apr 10, 2009
NC, United States
When I play DVDs or games through my Xbox 360 I see no screen problems at all. I then connected my old PC through a RGB cable to the TV and I notice 4 or 5 small red-ish pixels on the screen when the PC displays dark colors. They're always in the same locations so do I have dead pixels or could this be a PC problem? My GPU drivers are up to date and everything is displayed very clearly in 1920 x 1080. I have another cable lying around so I can try that in a minute. Any ideas? It's an old Geforce 7900 GT. If it is the TV then wouldn't this happen with all of my equipment? Thanks.

"Dead" pixels are the absence of light. What you are describing is "stuck" pixels.

If some are appearing reddish in white images, it could be that the associated green and/or blue pixels are weak or dead. I have one like that on my 40" LCD TV. One pixel group appears reddish when all the others around it are bright white. In dimmer images or complete black you don't notice it at all. For that one I have determined that the green pixel in that group is "weak", neither dead nor stuck. But when called on for full brightness it can't keep up with the others.

Drive your display to a bright white image, then complete black in the areas of concern with another source and watch closely. If you don't see the same reddish pixels in those images then there's nothing wrong with the display. It might be a driver chip in your PC's video card. I don't think swapping the cable will help, but it's certainly worth a try...

That's odd. When I went full screen on google (white) there's no errors at all but then when I went full screen with Blackle (black) it started out as looking perfectly fine then a red pixel pops up in the same place 3 seconds later. It's probably my PC.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)