my kid scratched up the tv screen with a pen.

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

shenanigans_ink

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Oct 10, 2008
does anyone have advice for repairing the scratches? It's a 52 inch Samsung DLP with a plastic screen. I want to make it better, not worse.

If it is really a scratch you are probably going to need to replace the screen to fix it. That really stinks. Sorry.

If you make the assumption that the screen is trashed, you have nothing to lose by trying to fix it. I would look at either the CD repair kits or the new automotive headlamp repair kits. Both will have you use a combination of abrasive polishing and a polyacrylic filler for the deep scratches to get a smooth finish back.

Personally, I'd try the headlamp kit as it provides more bang for the buck. It is designed to handle larger areas.

If it doesn't work, then you need to contact Samsung and get a replacement screen.

a lot of the screens have texture on them.. the kit might not work because of that.. next time get one of the kid protectors for the screen (plexi glass to go on top of the screen)

you may even be able to replace it with a piece of plexi if you have some place in the area that sells it.. just get the same thickness and swap em out..

As I understand, most RPTV's have a protective screen that can be removed (which may even improve the picture quality). So, if nothing else helps, wait for your kid to grow up a bit and then have the protective screen removed or replaced.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)