VOD ASPECT RATIO?

richeydog

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Apr 22, 2009
CA
I ordered Max Max Fury Road last night and noticed that it wasn't in the correct aspect ratio. It was showing fullscreen(1.78:1) on my tv and I think it is supposed to be 2.40:1.

Is this common with Dish? Do they crop their movies like HBO and Cinemax?

I ordered Max Max Fury Road last night and noticed that it wasn't in the correct aspect ratio. It was showing fullscreen(1.78:1) on my tv and I think it is supposed to be 2.40:1.

Is this common with Dish? Do they crop their movies like HBO and Cinemax?
Dish doesn't reformat programming like that - look at the network (or PPV provider) as the culprit. That said, 2.35:1 seems to be rarely broadcast on TV. One that comes to mind is how The Lord of the Rings trilogy is butchered by TNT. I actually won't watch it (not to mention all of the commercials).

It is supposed to be 2.35:1, by the way, as you thought.

Dish doesn't reformat programming like that - look at the network (or PPV provider) as the culprit. That said, 2.35:1 seems to be rarely broadcast on TV. One that comes to mind is how The Lord of the Rings trilogy is butchered by TNT. I actually won't watch it (not to mention all of the commercials).

It is supposed to be 2.35:1, by the way, as you thought.
Yeah I wasn't sure if it were 2.40:1 or 2.35:1. Conflicting reports on different websites I guess. I also won't watch stuff like LOTR on TNT or any other channel either because of this.

I just spoke with a chat rep and they said: "we are only able to upload what is given to us. That is how it was streamed on our VOD."

I was given a free credit for my troubles and nicely suggested that they fix this issue. They advised that I should send feedback to Care@dish.com, which I did. It probably won't help but I sent it anyway.

Reactions: papachops

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)