VOD Causing Problems with Receiver

Status
Please reply by conversation.

redmaxx

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Aug 14, 2007
This is new to me and I didn't see it in search results, so here's my problem: On some VOD recordings, when I start the program, it has a black screen for a second or two and then there is a loud pop from my speakers and my receiver shuts down. This only happens with some VOD recordings, like Dirty Jobs (like the Chimney Sweep) and Mythbusters (like the M-5 tour episodes) but not others, like CNN Student News. It never happens with regular recordings. Here's my setup:

Onkyo TX-SR505 Receiver
HR20-700 DirecTV Receiver
Mitsubishi HC1500 Projector

The DirecTV receiver is linked to the Onkyo with an HDMI cable and optical audio cable. Video is then sent to the projector over HDMI.

Also of note: If I turn the volume of the receiver down to minimum the receiver doesn't shut down, but turning up the volume on the receiver does nothing. I have to pause the DirecTV (at which point I hear a loud pop) and then resume the show and it runs fine, unless I restart the show. Muting does the same thing, and I noticed that if I leave the receiver muted while pausing and unpausing the show, I don't hear a pop.

I tried turning the volume to max on the receiver on a regular show and it didn't shut down. It seems like a problem with the signal the DirecTV unit is sending to the receiver. What can I do?

Last edited:
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)