VOD Movies Not The Same On Hoppers

ross9

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Oct 28, 2011
Ms Coast
One Hopper Has 17 VOD titles on channel 1 and the other has over 30. I have reset the Hopper with the 17 but there is no change. Any ideas??:confused:

I have seen this before on my 612's, including right now. One has 18 one has 19. "Adventures of Rin Tin Tin" is the last one of 19, so is not on the receiver with 18.

I don't think it's a blanket (same set of movies over and over) download. I think they send certain movies out and if for some reason your box doesn't "catch" that batch, you'll just get different movies on down the line. IOW I don't think the STBs report back which movies they have or don't have. So if certain movies are only sent out once or twice there is an excellent chance you'll miss them sometimes.

I don't think it's a blanket (same set of movies over and over) download. I think they send certain movies out and if for some reason your box doesn't "catch" that batch, you'll just get different movies on down the line. IOW I don't think the STBs report back which movies they have or don't have. So if certain movies are only sent out once or twice there is an excellent chance you'll miss them sometimes.

That would explain it. My main concern was if I'm missing that what else is not there. I'm not going to spend that much to watch a movie when there are so many more options.

Remember VOD's are sent when the STB is in standby. The vast majority of time my mother would have her STB on nearly 24/7. She just likes to have the TV on even while she sleeps in the bedroom. She never had more than 5 or 6 VOD's. On the other hand, my STB was put in standby every night, and much of the day while at work, and I have what seemed a TON of VOD's.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)