Voice and Picture not in sync-Audio Hookup?

handymantoo

SatelliteGuys Guru
Original poster
Oct 21, 2009
northeast
Since the install of Hopper Joey voice and picture not always in sync on one Hopper. Never had a problem with 722k with same hookup. Presently I have optical audio cable from Hopper to amplifier receiver and HDMI to the HDTV. I was considering removing the optical from Hopper and running optical from HDTV to amplifier. Is one method preferred over the other? I always thought it best to run audio direct from Hopper to amplifier and avoid TV all together, but with HDMI may be that isn't correct.

I would try going directly to the tv with hdmi only and see if the lag continues. And just test it out a few ways to see if the sync issues remain. I would just verify reciever to tv only first before you waste time troubleshooting something that may be caused by the reciever itself.

I'd try like lucky86 said, then HDMI From Hopper ->AVR ->TV. IIRC the HDMI spec has some auto correction built into the spec, but I could be wrong. If not there may be some sort of audio delay being applied in your AVR, what brand/model are you using?

I've had that problem before on the 922. Not sure that I've seen it on the hopper. My sound is wired HDMI to the TV and optical to the amp. When this has happened I was able to change channels up or down and back and the audio would re sync. Have never been able to figure out the cause.:confused:

I had this issue with my old 722 and my new Sharp LED earlier this year. I was hooked up via optical to my old Denon AVR which didn't have HDMI and via HDMI to the Sharp. Sync was way off. My only remedy was to buy a new Denon AVR which had HDMI in and out. Now I go HDMI from the Hopper (was 722) to the Denon in and then Denon HDMI out to the Sharp. All is cool. The Denon also has an auto sync mode....

Be advised if you go from the TV back to the AVR, most of these will produce stereo only, not Dolby Digital 5.1.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)