Voice/Google Assistant doesn’t work

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Rsgolfhard

Original poster
Apr 22, 2020
Michigan
I received my free voice remote. Only problem is the voice/google assistant part doesn’t work. I have an older hopper3 on version U549. I hit the voice button to set it up. I hit get started. It acts like it’s trying to connect and then goes back to the getting started screen. It keeps looping back like it never connects to what it’s looking for. I try to go through the menu to do the google assistant setup that way and same thing.it acts like it’s trying to connect and starts me over again

i have the hopper connected wireless to my router and the connection appears fine. Weird thing if I login to my account online it shows my Joey connected but not my receiver which is weird.

ive called 3 or 4 times and support is not helpful at all. Anyone have any ideas or suggestions? I mean it’s great they send me a fancy remote, but not so great when the fancy part won’t work. The rest of the remote works just fine. I’m very frustrated at this point.

I received my free voice remote. Only problem is the voice/google assistant part doesn’t work. I have an older hopper3 on version U549. I hit the voice button to set it up. I hit get started. It acts like it’s trying to connect and then goes back to the getting started screen. It keeps looping back like it never connects to what it’s looking for. I try to go through the menu to do the google assistant setup that way and same thing.it acts like it’s trying to connect and starts me over again

i have the hopper connected wireless to my router and the connection appears fine. Weird thing if I login to my account online it shows my Joey connected but not my receiver which is weird.

ive called 3 or 4 times and support is not helpful at all. Anyone have any ideas or suggestions? I mean it’s great they send me a fancy remote, but not so great when the fancy part won’t work. The rest of the remote works just fine. I’m very frustrated at this point.
Who is your Internet Provider and have you tried testing the network in the Hopper Internet Settings?

Pardon the sanity check question, but in case the support folks didn't suggest this, have you tried unplugging the Hopper, waiting a few minutes, then plugging it back in to reset it? Might be worth a shot if you haven't.

Would it be at all possible to try connecting your Hopper through Ethernet temporarily and see if that gets you out of that loop? You could also try resetting the remote by removing the batteries for 10 seconds and replacing them.

Would it be at all possible to try connecting your Hopper through Ethernet temporarily and see if that gets you out of that loop? You could also try resetting the remote by removing the batteries for 10 seconds and replacing them.

Not unless I buy the adapters to plug into the wall outlets. I don’t want to spend the money on them unless I know they work.

Some AT&T Routers (and some other cable companies as well) have issues with Hoppers. The Hopper will show connected but not all internet functions work. There are 3 easier fixes; Ethernet directly to the Hopper. 3rd party Router or a HIC installed in the system if there is cable access near the Router that can be cabled into the Hopper connections. Some people have had success getting their cable company to add an exception for the Hopper remotely into their router. I'm pretty sure this is your issue

Reactions: charlesrshell
Some AT&T Routers (and some other cable companies as well) have issues with Hoppers. The Hopper will show connected but not all internet functions work. There are 3 easier fixes; Ethernet directly to the Hopper. 3rd party Router or a HIC installed in the system if there is cable access near the Router that can be cabled into the Hopper connections. Some people have had success getting their cable company to add an exception for the Hopper remotely into their router. I'm pretty sure this is your issue
ATT is the most guilty of this, and has been since their decision to leave the bundling 2009 with Dish. That was a bad break up.

Reactions: HipKat

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)