Volume One, Show Twenty-One!

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

goaliebob99

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Aug 5, 2004
-.-. .... .. -.-. .- --. ---
This week we honor the fallen, celebrate the new, break some ground and do some ground breaking our self’s. From Dish Network to DirecTV, This week’s podcast covers everything from the world of satellite, as DirecTV launches new HD programming from Disney, and Dish get’s ready to launch some more National HD. Want to find out more? Tune on in for some exciting news! Including a Major Announcement! That’s not all! Vote for us at Podcast Alley and we will see you real soon!

Dialup Users Click here!

Attachments

• satguys040608.mp3
    14.4 MB · Views: 3,891
Thanks guys.

I really hated giving out the April 10th date (yeah I know April 10th is not a Wednesday) because I have been hearing it so much lately.

The only reason I gave it out finally was because I know many folks would give me crap for not telling what I knew. As you can imagine as of late I don't like giving dates out.

So lets hope this one happens. :)

i gotta say, that's the first podcast i've listened to and there was more information there than i've heard on every CC i've seen put together.

Are we ever going to post a RSS link to the Podcasts so we can itunes and Zune systems can add us and update us to their software as we release new ones? It would help distribution out a bit and get some extra growth I think. I know with Zune there are no satellite oriented podcasts available.

Are we ever going to post a RSS link to the Podcasts so we can itunes and Zune systems can add us and update us to their software as we release new ones? It would help distribution out a bit and get some extra growth I think. I know with Zune there are no satellite oriented podcasts available.

You can click on the RSS Feed's tab above on your tabs bar, that will get you the individual forums RSS Feed's for all forums including this one. You can subscribe from there, or you can search for satelliteguys in Itunes and get added that way :). In the search in Itunes enter keyword satelliteguys and we should be the first show that pops up.

Or for a third option you can click here and copy the link. :) SatelliteGuys.US - SatelliteGuys Podcast

Nice job guys. These podcasts contain more about the current state of satellite than any other single column, thread, chat or podcast on the net.

...oh yea, and if we don't get any new national HD on Dish this week its Scott's fault! ;)

Scott,

Another great podcast.

As a DISH subscriber that has a dish pointing at 148, I also wish DISH would use it for those that can't see 61.5 or 129. Is this something you believe DISH might do in the future once the Eastern ARC is complete or have you heard anything from your contacts at Dish?

148 is useless at this point for me, I used to use it for CBSHD and a few other HD channels. I haven't removed it in the hopes that they would start to use it for something.

It's frustrating to see Alaska left out of the new HD channels. I was pretty excited when it showed that SCIFIHD and USAHD were uplinked to 110. Not as excited right now.

I currently have three dishes pointing at 110, 119 and 148. I also have an OTA antenna(yes we watch to much TV).

Thanks.

great show guys........

One thing I do hope though is that if there is new national HD coming this week or in the next few weeks it would be available for those also with 110/119/129 since I and a lot of others dont have a dish pointed at 61.5.

could someone post highlights of the podcast for those who have dial-up and can't listen to it. With my connection I can only listen to about 2 seconds & then it buffers for about 10 seconds then i can listen for 2 more seconds......

could someone post highlights of the podcast for those who have dial-up and can't listen to it. With my connection I can only listen to about 2 seconds & then it buffers for about 10 seconds then i can listen for 2 more seconds......

If you click on the link that says dialup users click here.. that brings you to the real audio version that is Dialup friendly. You do have to have real audio installed to take advantage of this though :)

If you click on the link that says dialup users click here.. that brings you to the real audio version that is Dialup friendly. You do have to have real audio installed to take advantage of this though :)
Yes, but it would take an hour and 12 min. to download

Good show gentlemen:

At the risk of offending someone... I will point out however, the word is "especially" not "EKspecially"

Hope this is helpful !!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)