Volume One, Show Twenty-Two.

goaliebob99

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Aug 5, 2004
-.-. .... .. -.-. .- --. ---
On this week’s podcast, Scott and Bob talk about the TiVo vs. EchoStar lawsuit. We also cover the news over AMC14’s de-orbit and the latest news about USAHD and SCIFIHD on Dish Network including a hint about a third HD Channel coming to EchoStar. We wrap it up with the Masters Coverage on DirecTV. Don’t forget to vote for us on podcast alley or leave comments about the show over at ITunes. Thanks for listening!
Dialup Users Click here (Real Audio)

Attachments

• satguys041308.mp3
    12.4 MB · Views: 1,501
Hey guys let me know what you think of this show quality wise (not content wise). I am trying something diffrent for this show let me know if you think its better, worse quality wise. :)

Great show guys!!!!

Bob. You sounded like you were almost in a tunnel. (slight echo) Not bad enough to turn it off.:)

Scott sounded fine on his end.

Great show guys!!!!

Bob. You sounded like you were almost in a tunnel. (slight echo) Not bad enough to turn it off.:)

Scott sounded fine on his end.

That is the noise removal at its finest, for some reason when I go to remove the background noise from the podcast on my side (when Im not talking but scott is) It makes the part where im talking sound like im going through the internet. Im trying to figure out a fix to that. :). I was working on scotts end first as I was reciving poping from him among other internet artifacts. Sounds like I got his side all squared away and now on to mine.

Great Content.

As to the quality, what software are you using to filter/edit the podcast? And are you both using the same settings?

It sounds to me like Scott is using too much high-pass (he sounds muffled), and like Bob is not using as much high pass and then getting too much "Room" (reverb).

If you are using Audacity, you might want to try building custom room noise filters on both sides. I have also found that portable computers on battery power (as opposed to plugged in) emit less noise into the system.

But there is only so much you can do with software. Sometimes deadening the room you are in is a better answer, or getting strongly directional voice mics.

Nice job again guys. Scott's audio sounded louder and clearer this week. Bob's audio sounds metallic and with an echo.

YESS!!! Switching gears again this week! ;)

Great Content.

As to the quality, what software are you using to filter/edit the podcast? And are you both using the same settings?

It sounds to me like Scott is using too much high-pass (he sounds muffled), and like Bob is not using as much high pass and then getting too much "Room" (reverb).

If you are using Audacity, you might want to try building custom room noise filters on both sides. I have also found that portable computers on battery power (as opposed to plugged in) emit less noise into the system.

But there is only so much you can do with software. Sometimes deadening the room you are in is a better answer, or getting strongly directional voice mics.

Yes the settings are the same. I am using audiacity and am using coustom noise filters. Everytime I do the podcast I use a new one as limited in audiacity. The room is as dead as it can get :) The problem on my side is that my mic is sooo damm good it picks up my breathing and im standing 2 feet away from it. Thats what im trying to eliminate.

Yes the settings are the same. I am using audiacity and am using coustom noise filters. Everytime I do the podcast I use a new one as limited in audiacity. The room is as dead as it can get :) The problem on my side is that my mic is sooo damm good it picks up my breathing and im standing 2 feet away from it. Thats what im trying to eliminate.

I have used plantronics DSP500 headset and people listening to my recording were really impressed with the quality.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts